Galaxy Tab won't boot - vibrates

djsmith

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Help needed! Galaxy Tab stuck on reboot.

Starts up with the logo screen with "Samsung" then goes into a constant loop of 1 vibrate, followed by 2 vibrates about 5 seconds later. It then repeats this every 30 seconds.

I've tried the hard power reset, deleted user data etc and reboot but no luck.

I guess there must be a file or files that the startup is failing on and getting stuck.

Any ideas on how to reset, reboot or walk through the startup?

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
try this

Press and hold the “Volume Up” and “Power” buttons at the same time, when logo appears on the screen release the “Power or home” button and continue press the “Volume” button
When recovery screen appears use “Volume Up/Down” buttons to navigate and select “wipe data / Factory reset” by pressing the “Home” or “Power” button (Depends on Galaxy Tab model).

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
That is what I would do at this point and if that does not work then you might have to send it back to samsung or whoever you bought it from.

Skatedawg

ROM Abuser
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Is there a file or anything your suppose to use to do the odin? I tried to us clockwirkmod to back up last night and im in the same boat.

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I would look for the european firmware mod and see if you can get that on there or try this. i got it from another forum.

simply flash JM6 and then JMC ontop of it.

You'll lose all your stuff but your tab will be better off anyways. Performance of the dev firmwares outdoes any of the stock ones. And you'll get a few extra features while you're at it.

djsmith

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy Tab now functioning once again!

To re-cap this worked for a European tab (as used in UK)

I downloaded

Odin V1.7
P1.PIT
P1000XXJM6
GT-P1000-CSC-MULTI-OXXJK2

Then run ODIN to download both files and re-boot!

There are some good firmware lists, advice and download links at:

Samsung Galaxy Tab Firmware List - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Good installation instructions (which give the general approach of how to use Odin)

[How To] Flashing Euro Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Many thanks for your help, saved me the hassle of an RTB for repair! :)

franksley

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. I'm having the same problem as djsmith. I want to follow the procedure you described but I'm not sure which firmware to install.
I bought my tablet in Moscow. Is is the european, asian or what?
Please, I've been without my tablet for a week now!
Thank you!!

Last edited:

hemapharma

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
try this

Press and hold the ?Volume Up? and ?Power? buttons at the same time, when logo appears on the screen release the ?Power or home? button and continue press the ?Volume? button
When recovery screen appears use ?Volume Up/Down? buttons to navigate and select ?wipe data / Factory reset? by pressing the ?Home? or ?Power? button (Depends on Galaxy Tab model).

Thank you very much.
you solved my problem perfectly :)
i signed up specially to thank you:D

Kilted_One

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy Tab now functioning once again!

To re-cap this worked for a European tab (as used in UK)

I downloaded

Odin V1.7
P1.PIT
P1000XXJM6
GT-P1000-CSC-MULTI-OXXJK2

Then run ODIN to download both files and re-boot!

There are some good firmware lists, advice and download links at:

Samsung Galaxy Tab Firmware List - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Good installation instructions (which give the general approach of how to use Odin)

[How To] Flashing Euro Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Many thanks for your help, saved me the hassle of an RTB for repair! :)

I have same problem but the links are all dead plus not very clear instruction please can someone help thnx

abredt

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Similar problem. Power on displays Samsung, Then keeps displaying Verizon Wireless.
I tried "reboot system" but there was no change.
I see the "wipe data" choice, but what do the other choices mean: apply update from sd card and wipe cache??
This is the first problem I have had.

Thanks, cb

NadiaLundt

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys _ I have the same problem and I have no idea what to do _ When I hold the "Power" and "volume up" buttons in It makes all stripes and weird stuff _ does not change at all _ maybe suggestions and something I can use to download through odin _ I'm really not happy with this _ so pleeaseee HELP !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance