The tablet starting losing it's WiFi connectivity. I switched the setting from a dynamic IP address to a static IP address but that did not help. The tablet shows that it is connected to the internet, but none of my apps or email will connect. None of our other devices have this problem, so we are sure that it is not the router/modem.

Any other suggestions short of replacing the WiFi adapter for the tablet.
    05-02-2015 03:45 PM
    The tablet starting losing it's WiFi connectivity. I switched the setting from a dynamic IP address to a static IP address but that did not help.
    It won't even work if you choose the wrong static address (the one you had when you had a dynamic address is wrong for a static address).

The tablet shows that it is connected to the internet, but none of my apps or email will connect. None of our other devices have this problem, so we are sure that it is not the router/modem.
    It could be, if you're using TKIP encryption. It's not that they won't connect, it's they they'll time out (or you'll die of old age) before they connect. Make sure you're using AES (not TKIP+AES) encryption. (If you have to change it, you'll have to tell all your other devices to reconnect - in Android, that means forgetting the connection, then connecting again.) (If that's the problem, even a Linksys router may not work. I bought a cheap [$40] Netgear WNR2000 to "fix" my problem. Netgear works, Linksys doesn't - the world turned upside-down.)

Any other suggestions short of replacing the WiFi adapter for the tablet.
    That's on the motherboard, so you replace the motherboard. For an almost 2 year old phone, that probably doesn't pay.
    05-02-2015 05:44 PM