I got an AT&T galaxy tablet(2.2) recently and purchased 2Gig for one month 3G access.
    I installed "Quick Settings" app from Market. To my surprise, I was able to use
    QuickSettings to enable my wireless hotspot without any problem although the tablet
    is not rooted.

To access the Wi-Fi hotspot setting, after open up QS app, tap on settings button,
    tap on Customized and drag Wifi hotspot from the hidden list to visible list.
    After that by tapping on WiFi hotspot you can turning it off or on.

I was under this impression that you can enable wireless hotspot on Verizion version and not AT&T's.
    01-06-2011 03:26 PM
    This just worked on the T-Mobile version. I am rooted and use Baracle but its cool to see an option that doesn't need root.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk
    01-06-2011 11:36 PM
    Can others confirm that this works on the AT&Tb Tab? May be worth picking this one up with the flexible 2Gig plan for $25 if you can use as a hotspot.

Thanks.
    01-16-2011 12:08 PM
    Doesn't work on VZW tab but thanks for teaching me that there are more settings in that app. I've used quick settings on all my android devices for months and never once thought to click my menu button.
    02-23-2011 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD