what do you use your tab for? and what app do you use for the task?

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
two months in.

I most use my tab for:

1. Word document editing, document to go has amazing compatibility with desktop MS office which is extremely important to me.

2. Internet, I mostly use fennec and skyfire, fennec for seemless sync with the minfield on my two windows computers, skyfire for flash.

3. streaming radio, Public radio live stream have all my fav stations

4. email, gmail is much better than galaxy tab mail, unfortnately, i also need to access yahoo mail. so i use both.

5. online banking, Amex, BOA, CHASE

6. mobile hotspot, build in mobile AP

These are mainly what I use my tab for.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Nice James. I even decided to take Kevin's advise and drop the smartphone in favor of the dumbphone and Tab combo. Love it.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I use mine for:
Social networking - Facebook, twitter
Docs to Go
Internet - I prefer Dolphin HD
LogMeIn - can link with my desktop (got rid of my laptop)
Email - gmail and work email both
GroceryIQ - shopping list, works pretty well between the wife and I
Calendar - using Calendar Pad
Videos - Sprint TV, Tv.com, and other stuff

GMoney749

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I use mine mainly for travel; email, calendar, Kindle books, DVD movies, music, Facebook, Pulse Reader, and the awesome Google Maps.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Once I started watching 720p video on the 7" screen, I just couldn't go back to my Evo for that.

And I used to love remote desktop on the Evo. I used it all the time. Now I can't stand it. For emergencies only.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have watched more shows on here in two weeks than I ever did on any other ppc/smartphone.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
keep my 3 yr old daughter busy.... might as well since she wont let me play with it.... she see's it and says "I want to play with daddy's ipad"

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I am on call 24/7 for my job. I use my Tab with the logmein app to check inventory. Sometime I have to access my work desktop remotely if I receive an emergency call from a customer needing machine parts for a break down. When I'm out and about, sometime it is too big of an inconvenience to pull out my laptop, wait for it to boot up, login, start up logmein desktop application, sign in to logmein. With the Tab, all I do is wake it, unlock it, start up my app and boom....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34