Just got a tab!

chrismartel0817

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I just got a galaxy tab. It's awesome! I couldn't wait for a xoom and it's going to be 800 according to a new release. I was also debating on the ipad but I didn't want to get locked into their stuff.

I will post updates and reviews.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Congrats .... I'm still debating on which tab to get. I like the fact that the Xoom has a wifi only version. Its hard to decide with all these devices being released.:confused:

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Cyber you won't be disappointed w/ the tab. They will be putting the wifi version out in April I think. I bought mine off of eBay and don't use the 3G, but if I want to use it I have that option. If you do get one get the tmob or AT&T as you can put custom Roms on the. The sprint and vzw doesn't have any as no CDMA roma have been leaked.

Reactions: Cyber Warrior

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Belay my last some people over at xda is working on taking cm7 and getting it to work w/ the CDMA tabs. Should make this tab that much better.

chrismartel0817

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
So this thing really is great. I was worried about the screen being too small but it is perfect and makes it so portable. Screen size had me poking arty the ipad but I just couldn't bring myself to support them.

I got a verizon tab. I am going to cancel the 3g because I just rooted my incredible to do wifi tether

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Don't know too much about tabs but I'm looking to buy one. So you're saying I can buy one on Verizon and not be locked into a contract. I want something that I can run just off of wifi.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I bought the t mobile galaxy tab and got it for 250 dollars on contract. I thought I would just pay the early termination fee of 200 dollars which would make it 450 total for a wifi tab but I realized how much better it is to use when I'm out of the house then my droid x. What I ended up doing was deactivating the droid x and reactivating an old dumb phone. I take my galaxy tab everywhere and it handles my data and text messages. I sold the droid x for 250 and it is a wash. Congratulations on the purchase.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I bought the t mobile galaxy tab and got it for 250 dollars on contract. I thought I would just pay the early termination fee of 200 dollars which would make it 450 total for a wifi tab but I realized how much better it is to use when I'm out of the house then my droid x. What I ended up doing was deactivating the droid x and reactivating an old dumb phone. I take my galaxy tab everywhere and it handles my data and text messages. I sold the droid x for 250 and it is a wash. Congratulations on the purchase.

Curney,

That's smarts as hell. You just scored The tab for super cheap.

CW,

Check eBay you ca find them on there for a pretty good price. You just will have to do the activation bypass. Get the tmob tab like Curney as you can mod it w/ cm7 or one of rotohammers mods. I have seen unlocked tabs on eBay for about $675 which is about what you will pay off contract.

esoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

I keep on thinking that I want to wait it out, but then I'm realizing that I really don't want to pay $500+ for a tab, nor do I want to pay $800 for Xoom. As far as I see it, these thing are almost disposable like cell phones and the tech is changing so so fast. If I could get the T-mob G-Tab for $250 (with a plan) I would just do that now, and would be even better if I could get $10 per month data plan (not sure if that's possible). Then, use this baby for 12 months and then upgrade to the latest and greatest (and give the old Tab to wife). :p

In any case, what I'm saying is that as much as the latest and greatest is cool, this is one of those technologies (and times) when a decently fast 7" tab without a Super AMOLED screen and Froyo is just enough. Especially for now.

Just out of curiousity, was the $250 a recent purchase or around Xmas time when you could get that deal?

I suppose the other option would be to go Nook Color, but I'm just not convinced that B&N will support as well as Sammy does, especially on software updates.

By the way, I'm also going to go out on a limb here and say that most of the Gal Tab vendors will be in the $200-$250 range with contract and $400 off in the next month. Too many devices being released, iPad 2 release in March, Gal Tab 2 announcement in Feb, Playbook, etc. The post-CES device announcement frenzy will turn into reality with actual releases and the Gal Tab will be yesterday's news. That's the way I'm seeing it anyway.

chrismartel0817

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
So I guess the xoom could be hitting stores in about a month. It kind of makes me wonder if I made the right choice to purchase this now bit I guess the extra 300 is a lot of money. I also agree about how these things are changing so fast that if you keep waiting for the best you could be waiting forever.

If you sign up on verizon you can cancel after one month.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Matty-Mo

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Honestly i love the galaxy tab, but i returned mine today... i have a $250 gc to best buy and thinking about waiting the extra month and putting towards the xoom or ipad 2... i loved the tab but it just felt like a bigger evo... there is a blur between tablet and big cell phone...

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I hear ya. When people used to say how big they thought the Droid x was, I told then I still wished it was bigger. :)

annek

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Tab Purchase

I bought mine Friday night and am very happy with it. I spent all day yesterday getting to know my new found "friend". I love it!:-*

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I bought mine Friday night and am very happy with it. I spent all day yesterday getting to know my new found "friend". I love it!:-*

i agree, this thing is great. i just did the overclock mod and it is alot fast and makes this tab even better in my eyes.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Honestly i love the galaxy tab, but i returned mine today... i have a $250 gc to best buy and thinking about waiting the extra month and putting towards the xoom or ipad 2... i loved the tab but it just felt like a bigger evo... there is a blur between tablet and big cell phone...
The xoom will hit best buy on February 17th $699

Sent from my D1!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital