Brand new tablet. (Lollipop 5.1.1) Click on Netflix icon and it shows the red Netflix logo for a few seconds and quits and goes right back to my tablet homescreen. Called Netflix support and Samsung support. Took it into Samsung counter at Best Buy and they connected to their wi fi and voila, app opened right up! We have tried uninstalling / install, and restored tablet back to factory settings but nothing works. I can use other apps and surf web etc. while on my network- only Netflix has the problem. I also called my service provider (Frontier) and we tried a basic change to the router settings but that didn't work either. He is going to send my problem to a senior tech and call me back tomorrow. I am also going to go to a neighbor's house and see if it launches there and maybe down to my local starbucks and see if it launches there, then I will know for sure if the problem is isolated to my network. Any suggestions would be great
    12-28-2015 08:43 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! If you can log into your router's settings, make sure you turn off QoS (which tries to prioritize certain connections over others for media-rich content). Also try turning off the router's security temporarily.
    12-29-2015 03:15 AM
    Thank you! I will give this a try and report back. FYI- went to neighbors, connected to his wi fi and it launched just fine.
    12-29-2015 04:09 PM
    Sorry it's been awhile. I found my QoS settings in my Frontier router ( actiontec) but I don't think I can turn it "off or on"? Also when I disabled security, the router went back to its original settings and I had to reset the router with my router name / password... so weird that this is the only device in house that won't connect?
    03-14-2016 07:02 PM
    Sorry it's been awhile. I found my QoS settings in my Frontier router ( actiontec) but I don't think I can turn it "off or on"? Also when I disabled security, the router went back to its original settings and I had to reset the router with my router name / password... so weird that this is the only device in house that won't connect?
    What did you end of doing? I am having the same exact issue.
    12-29-2016 06:29 PM
    Any answer on whether this worked or not. We can use ours with an iPhone but not an android on our home network.
    01-16-2017 06:37 PM