Should I get?

stew1411

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I really want an Android tablet for a few day to day activities, such as email, browsing, typing a few papers, etc. I will keep my laptop for all of my music/movie downloading, school stuff, emulators and what not. I REALLY love the size of the galaxy tab. I thought I wanted a Xoom or the new Tab 2, but those are monsters in the hand, and I want something portable. If I needed something with that much power, I would just use my laptop. Should I get the tab? Also, is the 1Ghz single core and 512 mb of ram good for what I want to use it for? I mean how is the lag on this thing? Last question, can I use a wireless (bluetooth) keyboard on this thing like you can with the iPad?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can use a Bluetooth keyboard and even a mouse:Enhance your Galaxy Tab experience by adding Bluetooth keyboard, mouse | Android Central
You might want to read through the "just got a tab thread" and see what other members are saying. I personally love my tab....Its very portable, quick, great battery life... I can go almost two days with extremely heavy usage and has a good weight to it. If you have any questions.... ask away. I have the Sprint version, rooted and use it as a wifi only.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-tab/55646-just-got-tab.html

Slayers

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Cyber even with all the new tabs coming out are you happy with your galaxy tab?

I have been looking to get a tab to replace my laptop for this summer when I ride to work on the bike and the galaxy seems perfect size over the xoom but I am wondering if I should wait for dual core or not

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a tab, and have gotten rid of my laptop. I use LogMeIn with my desktop, and it does everything I used my laptop for. I probably wouldn't type huge term papers without a bluetooth keyboard, but I think it is a great device.

I use it for email, web, facebook, twitter, music, videos, and so much more. The size is perfect to put in my pocket and I carry it with me all the time. The weight is light enough that you don't get tired of it when holding it for extended periods of time, and it is the right proportion to not be awkward in your hand.

I can lay it down and type landscape, or hold it with both hands and type like on a phone.

I know there are new tablets with updated software, but the tab fits my needs just fine, and battery life is quite good.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Cyber even with all the new tabs coming out are you happy with your galaxy tab?

I have been looking to get a tab to replace my laptop for this summer when I ride to work on the bike and the galaxy seems perfect size over the xoom but I am wondering if I should wait for dual core or not

Yea... the portability of it alone is one pro for me. I can see using the Xoom around the house or if you carry it with a shoulder bag or briefcase. As for waiting on a dual core tab... I'm not sure what other tabs will be released that are dual core and 7". It could be a long waiting game. I don't know what your needs are for using the tab but you may not even need dual core. Going to wait and have to see what they do with dual core and how they implement it in the Android system. What I personally do is buy new devices... keep them in mint condition and then resell them for almost full price(depending on how long I've had it) as slightly used. That way i get my moneys worth out of it and can switch to something newer. There will always be something newer and better every year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12