What CAN'T your Tab do?

vjr021

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
So I would like to get a thread going to list off the shortcomings.

For instance:

- Keyboard won't work with Sprint/Verizon Tab.
- AT&T has no hotspot feature out of the box.
- No Skype over 3G?

Anything you guys can think of let me know.

I am still torn on getting a Sprint one, just concerned of the shortcomings.

motoroid7

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You can't say can't. It hasn't been ported out leak. Our galaxy tabs will run honeycomb just fine if the nook color can do it

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

vjr021

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
You can't say can't. It hasn't been ported out leak. Our galaxy tabs will run honeycomb just fine if the nook color can do it

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

True, just a matter of time.

Anything ELSE the GTab can't do?

rdmartin1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Can't get on websites that require active x since there is no Internet Explorer for Android. I learned that the painfully hard way. No Honeycomb so no real tablet apps yet.

RC46

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Get the ATT version then you can root it and flash it with the latest European ROM and it will be fully unlocked. The Euro ROM is really fast and will eliminate all lags and allow you to use your tab as a phone if you so desire.

Sent from my SGH-I987 using Tapatalk

tino

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
True, just a matter of time.

Anything ELSE the GTab can't do?

My main issue is actually there is no compact case that has a stand in the back, like the EVO stand.

The tab is so ridiculous slippery I can't place it up right to watch video easily.

Also Ihaven't found a good youtube downloader, I want something that can queue download and can name the files correctly.

I probably will return the tab due to these issues.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
My main issue is actually there is no compact case that has a stand in the back, like the EVO stand.

The tab is so ridiculous slippery I can't place it up right to watch video easily.

Also Ihaven't found a good youtube downloader, I want something that can queue download and can name the files correctly.

I probably will return the tab due to these issues.

I use a rubber silicone skin case which gives it more grip, I found a clear one at Bestbuy but here's an example:
http://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy-tab-case-review-samsung-skin-case

Also they make coasters for the tab that will stand it up like a kickstand... not as great as flipping open a kickstand from the back of the device but its an option.
http://www.androidcentral.com/tablet-coasters-kickstand-your-tablet

As for your YouTube problem... I'm sure there's some kind of app that will do what you're looking for.
I'm still thinking of things "my tab can't do"... I guess install custom roms or overclock it but I'm cool with the way it is..... so I'll go with the previous poster and say.... it can't cook me breakfast.:mad:

manhattanmarg

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
it doesn't seem to be able to sync with EAS. this may be a deal-breaker for me.

there's a workaround for viewing movies on it: just get either an Arkon stand ($14.99) or a sturdy business card holder ($5.99) - works fine ;o)

vjr021

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I know this is a negative thread, but only because I want to try and pro/con the idea of buying one.

My iPad seems to do what I need it to.

vjr021

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone come to a final conclusion on which carrier's version is best?

Less bloat ware?

Best connection?

Memory can be added, so I don't care about that.

I like the option for hotspot from Sprint, but I hear At&t's tab is fastest.

Thoughts?

IP IHI II IL

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
My only complaint besides the fact that it's not running, or will ever get an official Honeycomb release (which would be fixed with an official HC release) is that I can't video chat via GTalk/chat. If I could video chat with my 3 year old daughter while walking around, I could see her MUCH more often...

As far as a Honeycomb port, this is the most thorough dev attempt I've seen yet:

Porting honeycomb to the Galaxy Tab *update 3/17/11* - xda-developers

Cases: I use the SCOSCHE foldIO GT1, and absolutely LOVE IT! Doesn't add too much size, and has adjustable "stand" options. It really is perfect (for me, at least).

foldIO GT1 - Folio Case for Samsung Galaxy Tablet (Leather Texture)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy