security question

mauvil

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Got my new Tab yesterday..Very happy so far! was wondering if I need to put some kind of security feature or app on it, to protect my personal info?

Cahow

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Got my new Tab yesterday..Very happy so far! was wondering if I need to put some kind of security feature or app on it, to protect my personal info?

Without a doubt, mauvil!!!! I've been stunned that so little attention or chatter has been about tablet security measures; all you hear about is "App! App! App!" for games. :(

I finally did some serious research last month and found this absolutely amazing security app that is 100% FREE!!!! Here's the link, if they are allowed on this board: AVG - Antivirus for Android | Free Mobile Antivirus

It is beyond brilliant! It will locate your stolen tablet via GPS, even if the wanker who stole it turns off the GPS...this site turns it back on and nails the location! I scanned my entire tablet when first installed and it found 3 dodgy apps that I uninstalled immediately! They have OnLine Help, a Tutorial; you place a message on your locked home screen that gives your name and phone number so some honest person can try to contact you, and......from your PC, if you lose or have your tablet stolen, you can wipe 100% of everything personal from it...from contacts, passwords etc.!!! Also, they send you an email, for you to "test out" the GPS function of your tabl; you click on it from the email after you've turned on your GPS and it registers your tablet and shows you where you are at to the square foot.

And, did I mention it was free! I think far less chatter needs to be posted about stupid games and more security, since serious tablet users haul theirs around 2/47, unlike a laptop. I'v recommended this site in a tech forum I moderate.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! They have a $10.00 paid version but I can't find out what the ten bucks buys you that the free one doesn't.