Battery life, how is yours?

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
When you fully charge the tab, then use it for normal activities: web, email, docs, etc (no gaming or video streaming)

How long does your tab last?

My tab has been on 8 hrs today, screen was on for 5.5hrs so far, battery is down to 10%. Is it good enough?

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
humm, maybe i should ask differently.

if you check the battery use when your tab is nearly drained (5-10%), can you report how long your display has been on, and what % of battery is display using?

I think display is the most battery consuming item, it usually makes up 75-80% of my battery consumption, and adjusting brightness doesn't seem to change much.

flamand

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
If you go to the Settings app, then About Device, you'll see the second item, Battery Use. My battery is at 48% right now, with the display accounting for 59% of that.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
If you go to the Settings app, then About Device, you'll see the second item, Battery Use. My battery is at 48% right now, with the display accounting for 59% of that.

yes. if you click that display 59% line, it will open the detail and tell you how long the display was in use. Can you tell me that number?

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
So this morning, but battery is at 47%, 16h 42m unplugged. The display has used 67% and has been on 4h 0m. Hope that helps.

nice, thanks

thats definitely better than mine, my display consistently make up 75%+ of the battery usage. and My tab usually run out of power when display is used for 5.5hr.

Your number suggest that your tab can last 8 hr, if most of your usage requires display being on. This is 20-30% better than mine.

Now, last question, do you let system auto adjust brightness?

Thanks, appreciate it.

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
yea i had to turn off auto brightness too cuz it gets darker when i would want it to brighten all the time. but my battery life is definitely better because of it.

MasterRy88

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I get about the same battery life as you clevin. My tab dies when my display has been on for about 5-6 hours. I have a good bit of widgets though (FML, TFLN, facebook, beautiful widgets with the weather icons, battStat) and those can attribute for a bit of battery loss even though they wont show in the battery used statistics.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I found data usage is a significant battery drain. I can get a battery life of 7.5hr screen on time, when I was just doing document to go, while I only got 5-6 hr if I continuously stay online using web.

Screen brightness seems less important, in terms that it won't affect battery life much, if the brightness is in a range of 20-40%.

Update: I retract that, 7.5hr is a projection based on the battery usage when it was half full, turn out it drops suddenly around 15% to 3%. So there is some inaccuracy in the battery reporting. Several complete recharge cycles show the battery last 5-6 hr screen on time for my usage. Less web browsing may extend it to 6-6.5.

Last edited:

bovineyard

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
My battery life sucks, I think one of the batteries is out, because it only lasts 2-3 hours, and drops from 50% to 2% in seconds, with a low battery warning, followed by shutdown. I am sending it in for repair : - (

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800