Removing bloatware?

vjr021

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
So, I am still unsure what Tab to get, the best way to mod it, and if I should wait till the new HTC from Sprint.

I am thinking the AT&T tab, since I travel overseas a lot.

If I remove some of the bloat, will it run faster? I know I can over clock it slightly...

I do not use it for gaming, mostly forums, RSS, and some video/podcast... I want to make sure the UI experience is close to my iPad... Can the Tab be made smoother????

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It will absolutely run faster. The best way to remove the bloat is to freeze it with either my own app, Bloat Freezer or Titanium Backup Premium. Just make sure you don't delete/uninstall or you will most likely not be able to ever get OTA updates on your tab again.

Reactions: drjb74

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I just bought bloat freezer from the market and it works beautifully. It was $2. Used it on my tbolt and my gtab. Requires root access

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Besides the ota, any other negatives to this?

Either app will use a miniscule amount of storage space? Seriously, just get either, though since modplan took the time to reply, his app would get my vote. Best thing you'll ever do for your Tab :)...well, after the rooting.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
It will absolutely run faster. The best way to remove the bloat is to freeze it with either my own app, Bloat Freezer or Titanium Backup Premium. Just make sure you don't delete/uninstall or you will most likely not be able to ever get OTA updates on your tab again.

Modplan - that is a great app. I just bought it for my Tab, and it works really well. Thanks for developing it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon