A few Quick qestions about the Tab

Amyshubby

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about buying a used Verizon Galaxy Tab that I would use for Wifi only. I have an unrooted (non-rooted?) Droid Incredible phone and will probably upgrade to a 4G phone when my contract is up.

I have seen some apps in the Android Market that allow you to use your phone as a wi-fi hotspot. Can this be done even if you are not rooted? If I understand correctly, the Tablet would then be able to use my phone's data plan and access the internet anywhere I get 3G service.

When I eventually do upgrade to a 4G phone, if I tether the tablet to my phone, would the connection be faster? I.E.- I'm assuming the tablet's internet speed will be dependent on the speed of the phone so when I switch to Verizon's faster service, I would also have a faster dowload speeds on the Tablet?

Thanks in advance for any answers you can give me.

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
You must root your phone before it can be used as a hot spot, unless you pay the rediculous verizon rates. I rooted mine and am using a free app called quick settings to use my phone as a free wifi. There are several programs out there that can root your phone, just google something like root for android.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power