Flashing a rom?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm stuck here... I haven't been able to flash a rom on my tab. CDMA. I have su access but when I try to reboot in recovery either by volume up+power or through rom manager, all I get is android recovery and not clockwork. What's the deal here...?

Gtab meatclaws-talkatap

armdavid2

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Im assuming you have a vzw tab, so for you there are a lot. Id say browse xda. a good kernel that allows oc to 1.4 is khasmek voodoo v5. it provides a modded version of cwr

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Im assuming you have a vzw tab, so for you there are a lot. Id say browse xda. a good kernel that allows oc to 1.4 is khasmek voodoo v5. it provides a modded version of cwr

I'll give that a shot. Any ideas about why my tab makes a nandroid when I boot into clockwork?

TboltMeatclaws-talkatap

armdavid2

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
forgot, im sure if you read the instructions for khasmek install you know, but you have to have cwm installed first, which for you vzw users is simple. I believe the rom manager app will install it for you. a lot easier than what we sprint users have to do!

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to take another stab at flashing a rom but non of the roms available have themeing involved. All the framework and menus appear to be the same. Unless there's one I'm missing. :-\

armdavid2

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Theres an AOSP rom on xda, a lot of GUI issues. Didn't like it. And I believe theres another verizon one where they remove some of the bloatware. I.E touch wiz. and throw in some features. Im just running stock with the custom kernel tho.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I DLd koush's khasmik Rom last night along with the kernel and gapps that go with it. Flashing roms on the tab are as simple as they were with my X and Tbolt. It takes a lil more thought and the process is a lil bit longer. I read that koush's rom has a honeycomb theme. Right up my alley(that's what she said)
TboltMeatclaws-talkatap

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Taking the koush plunge. Will report back with results

after an evening of flashing and using heimdall, i decided to revert back to stock rom. Koush's Honeycomb rom looked awesome and was extremely fast. Im not speaking on behalf of the AC community, just on personal experience. Rom seemed to be unstable for me Fcs left and right. once there is another update to the rom i will flash once again for a test drive. Koush does some awesome work and Im always waiting for his newest release. For now im stuck at rooted/stock rom. which is ok but it gets laggy at times. a simple reboot seems to help... until next flash,back to the forums for some recon

Last edited:

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Man I wish I could try KOUSH's with an OC kernel on my wifi gTab. But afraid bad things will happen!

What's the worse that could happen? DL heimdall and reflash back to stock. Heimdall is easy as pie!

Camcorder isn't that important to me on the tab. I have my Tbolt. Koush will release an update shortly to fix the faults.

TboltMeatclaws-talkatap

armdavid2

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
!! hey, you know this thread was featured on the home page!!! I keeping with stock too btw! just hope samsung gets off their.....and updates legit!

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Ha ha. Yeah that was pretty cool to be on the homepage. I had no idea until my buddy skatedawg told me. I reverted back to stock. My only main gripe was the browser. Im running DOLPHINHD and I'm good to go. I'm still watching xda and AC for new releases though. Gotta get myself titanium pro so I don't have to worry about backups. Good luck flashing out there though, I couldn't find anything that I was happy with all around or Dodge those pesky FCs