Grip tape for tab back?

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I like to read with my tab out of the case and its a little to slippery. Is there a sticker or anything anyone has seen the gives it a bit more grip? Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

vjr021

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I have grip tape on the back of my iPhone 4... There is a guy that Laser cuts it... Makes it AWESOME to use... but cases are difficult.

If you don't use a case might be a good choice for you...

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I got a nice,slim xmatrix case on eBay. I like my devices out of case too but this case isn't bad at all

TboltMeatclaws-talkatap

Willamette

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
3M Safety-Walk, Slip-Resistant, Non-Mineral, Medium Resilient tape, in black or gray. I highly recommend this type of grip tape as it lacks the abrasive minerals (sand/grit) which would otherwise shed off and abrade your screen and housing.

It's typically available by the foot in 1, 2, and 4 inch widths at a quality hardware store; bought mine at a well stocked ACE Hardware. The full UPC (may need to drop the first and last digit) for the gray 2" tape I bought is: 0 51131 59507 1.

Great texture and safe for any surface you may set your tab down on too. Self-adhesive back; just peel and stick (excellent adhesion providing the surface you are applying it to is clean). If you try to buy from 3M you'll have to buy a full roll and it's not cheap ($60+). Occasionally you might be able to find smaller sizes of the same material packaged in little kits as non-marring grips for shoe heels/soles or in strips for tubs/showers (maybe at a Target, Walmart, Kmart, or major grocery store).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos