Froyo vs Gingerbread vs Honeycomb vs Ice cream sandwich

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a Tmobile Gtab and am satisfied with it. I am a bit perplexed by the frenzy created by all the talk of the various Google OS incarnations. The desire (not the device) for the latest greatest Google OS seems baseless. Well maybe its me but I just don't get it. And now there is even buzz about the successor to Honeycomb even though Gingerbread devices are barely available.

Oh well guess I'll just shut up and let the frenzy continue....

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk

rocketry876

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
We'll probably start seeing Gingerbread as the predominant android version around mid-late 2012. By the time Google's finished testing and finalizing Ice Cream Sandwich, and by the time cell phone carriers do their 2 cents with it, it will probably be late 2013 - early 2014 before Ice cream is the most predominant version.

I wonder what will be the next version...mango??

MisterEich

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
We'll probably start seeing Gingerbread as the predominant android version around mid-late 2012. By the time Google's finished testing and finalizing Ice Cream Sandwich, and by the time cell phone carriers do their 2 cents with it, it will probably be late 2013 - early 2014 before Ice cream is the most predominant version.

I wonder what will be the next version...mango??

Juice Box
Jelly Bean
Juniper Berry

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
and being a Samsung device you won't see the greatest next OS tell every one else is on the next great OS

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
This is okay as I am satified with Froyo for now. But good point about Samsung that I did not know prior to purchasing.

Ice cream sandwich is projected for release in Q4:2011. Android fragmentation and frenzy creation at its best.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk