Making the Netflix app work...

Kalashnikev

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Soooo... it looks like all you have to do to get this thing to run is root and change "devicename="

Has anyone done it?

I may attempt this weekend?

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi, what is Netflix & Rooting, new to this as you can see!

Sorry but you seriously dont know what Netflix is?! I can understand not knowing rooting, but you don't know what Netflix is?!?! Thats a question for Googling but rooting is giving administrative privileges to your phone to allow you to be able to change software add and remove programs as well as tweak the user interface.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Hi, what is Netflix & Rooting, new to this as you can see!

Netflix is a service you pay for monthly. It allows you to stream movies,TV shows,not sure what else. To whatever devices are supported. I know you can use it on game consoles like ps3,xbox360 and nintendo wii. As you can see some people have it running on their tabs and handhelds as well. My brother has it and says its awesome. There are trial runs available if you wanna take a stab at it. When i was usin my trial run,video quality was based on network strength/connection. It may be different now. I personally don't spend enough time in front of my TV to justify the monthly payment.

TboltMeatclaws-talkatap

JDub313

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
So Disappointed

I am not rooted. I downloaded the "check disabled' version, installed it and ran the program. The Netflix sign in showed up:), but every time I enter my email and password (yes I double checked that they are correct) the program shuts down and puts me back on my home screen:(.

Anyone else having this issue? Do you need to in fact be rooted to use this?

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
I had to download version 2 and it let's me sign in but anytime I try to play anything this is what I see. Anyone get this to work? Videos play fine on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kalashnikev

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I had to download version 2 and it let's me sign in but anytime I try to play anything this is what I see. Anyone get this to work? Videos play fine on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's where I'm at currently... V1 installed but wouldn't stream, V1 no check insta-crashed, and V2 "won't contact the Netflix service"

I'm actually going to wait for someone to fix this before I root. There' no reason why it should take this long to get Netflix on Android...

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
That's where I'm at currently... V1 installed but wouldn't stream, V1 no check insta-crashed, and V2 "won't contact the Netflix service"

I'm actually going to wait for someone to fix this before I root. There' no reason why it should take this long to get Netflix on Android...

I've been reading quite a bit on this trying to figure it out & I think the catch is that we have to be running a Gingerbread ROM in order for it to work...

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy