Galaxy Tab Not Supported in Kies?

Ufd108

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I just got my AT&T version SGT and I downloaded Kies to get the latest firmware updates. When I connect the tab to Kies I get a message that "This device is not supported by Kies 2.0." I checked for updates but it says I'm running the latest version of Kies. Any ideas?

Is there any other way to install firmware updates besides Kies?

Thank you.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I got this too. I'm using 64 bit Windows 7 and Samsung support wrote it off saying that the software isn't compatible with a 64 bit OS. I'm calling shenanigans on that and hope that someone can figure out how to get it to work.

Kopter

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the GT on VZW and have been reading about the coming GBread update so I have done some research on this particular topic. The info that I uncovered and I could be wrong.. is that Kies is NOT for U.S. users. The updates come from the provider. (ATT in the OP's instance) and not via Kies. (I have received two minor updates pushed from VZW since my purchase last December.)

If i am indeed wrong, spare me the flames... I am just trying to help.

stew1411

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Not flamming, but you are wrong. I have att captivate and froyo was pushed via kies. I have 7 64 bit and kies works just fine. Minor updates are pushed ota, such as the new att update to allow sideloading. OS updates are kies. Idk why its not working for you. Are you using kies mini? Because thats the one for U.S. customers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Kopter

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Not flamming, but you are wrong. I have att captivate and froyo was pushed via kies. I have 7 64 bit and kies works just fine. Minor updates are pushed ota, such as the new att update to allow sideloading. OS updates are kies. Idk why its not working for you. Are you using kies mini? Because thats the one for U.S. customers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input Stew1411 but I think connecting a GT is just a little different than the Captivate. The GT does NOT connect to either Kies or mini Kies. (I have tried both; there is no 'Samsung Kies' option within the USB settings option; consequently you cannot connect in 'Samsung Kies mode' .) Do you own a GT? If so please open Kies mini and let me know if you can get a connection to it... Thx

That said... can any other GT users weigh in? This is more of a curiosity than a pressing issue. thanks

Last edited:

pac0naut

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Interesting.............I'll have to check it out tomorrow if I remember to bring it into work. The only computers that I have ever gotten Kies to work on is regular Kies on my Samsung n120 netbook and Kies mini on my work PC. I, like you, have been curious about the G-Bread update. I also have the VZW Tab.

Crazy thing is, I have it set up as WiFi only with no 3g service or anything and I still got the updates. I didn't think that I would.

pac0naut

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Kies Mini says "Unregistered Device." It does pick it up as SCH-i800, but no luck over here. Usually when they roll out a major update like Froyo was for the Galaxy S line they do it through Kies / Kies Mini and there's usually a large update to those pieces of software..

pac0naut

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, since it's not out yet, I probably wouldn't worry about it. It'll probably be done through Kies Mini or through download the update and flash through recovery. If it's done through Mini, then they'll update Mini to handle it.

segar123

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the wifi only GT and had the same problem with Kies and contacted Samsung. He had me delete and re load Kies. Had to do it three times but after the third time it worked. This guy was very helpful. and sometimes they just have to be reloaded and he didn't know why. I would try that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463