SM-T530NU Galaxy Tab 4 10.1" System Update Today - What's in it?

bascherz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
My tablet just did a fairly hefty system update, meaning it took about 25 minutes to complete. At the end it optimized 138 apps and reported success. I see no difference. It's still at 4.4.2 and looks exactly the same. No noticeable difference. Contacted Samsung live chat...don't waste your time with that... they didn't know anything about it. Does anyone here know what is changed with this update?

Thanks in advance,
Bruce

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just checked, and mine said it's up to date. Kernel version is 3.4.0-3736606. So, not sure what your tablet did.

Sent from my Tapatalk 4.9.5 :-D

unknownuser02

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I also had the update. It gave a summary of changes before the update. Nothing worth remembering though...

Posted via the Android Central App

Arminn Leopold

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Could this update be in preparation for lollipop? No reason to do a full update to 4.4.4 but certain things may need to be updated before the the lollipop update. Just a thought.

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I just checked, and mine said it's up to date. Kernel version is 3.4.0-3736606. So, not sure what your tablet did.

Sent from my Tapatalk 4.9.5 :-D

I haven't accepted/installed the update yet. Android version is 4.4.2 and Kernel is 3.4.0-2648317. Apparently the Kernel has been updated at the least.

The update details says:
"The software update can include, but is not limited to:
-Device stability improvements, bug fixes.
-New and / or enhanced features.
-Further improvements to performance.
To get the best from your device, please keep your phone up to date and regularly check for sofware updates."
Yes, it actually said "phone" in the details. Lol

**UPDATE**
I installed the update and now the kernal is 3.4.0-3736606

Last edited:

peterlane77

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Mine has just done a system upgrade and now it says sd card blank this i the second card that has done this in last in last few months whats happening and can i fix ? Thanks