PS4 DS4 (Dual Shock 4) Controller delayed Bluetooth input lag (latency) on Android Samsung Galaxy, is there anyway I can fix this?

Alexander Keller

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
I can't seem to find the connect now button , whe n I go in advanced settings there is no menu below debug setting , can anyone help

I think you have to latest version - 4.5.5 maybe. You have to download version 4.2.2 I had the same problem. After this go to your app settings and disable the auto. update for "Bluetooth Auto connect".

Thank you for this wonderfull app !
Going back to play sword of mana on my 55' TV screen ^^.

Russell Hayden

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I think you have to latest version - 4.5.5 maybe. You have to download version 4.2.2 I had the same problem. After this go to your app settings and disable the auto. update for "Bluetooth Auto connect".

Thank you for this wonderfull app !
Going back to play sword of mana on my 55' TV screen ^^.

All you gotta do with the new version is select devices and check only the wireless controller box. Leave any others unchecked

Last edited:

milksteak094

Jul 9, 2017
Visit site
The fix is continuous connect. Use Bluetooth connect. Advanced options. Continuous connect.(sec). Set to 10 seconds or anything under 30 seconds. Then hit connect now. The problem is that it will start lagging after 30 seconds. After setting continuous connect this problem is solved. Happy gaming!

This actually worked for me thanks a lot man

raulx222

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
If you have root access, to fix key mappings, go to: system > usr > keylayout and in Generic.kl modify the next lines to:

key 304 BUTTON_X
key 305 BUTTON_A
key 306 BUTTON_B
key 307 BUTTON_Y
key 308 BUTTON_L1
key 309 BUTTON_R1
key 310 BUTTON_L2
key 311 BUTTON_R2
key 312 BUTTON_SELECT
key 313 BUTTON_START
key 314 BUTTON_Z
key 315 BUTTON_C
key 316 BUTTON_MODE
key 317 BUTTON_THUMBL
key 318 BUTTON_THUMBR

And now you are ready to use your DS4 on Android!
Tested on some Android 7.1.2 AOSP based ROM in Asphalt Xtreme, PPSSPP.

AnimeDudeJ

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Had this issue on all my phones from my S3 to s7e and s8+

It really gets my blood boiling that this **** is still and issue and at this point I might just get a Sony phone or Huawei when next I change phones cause this is ridiculous

Alex69mogg

Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
Ok thx! It works for me too BUT!
You have to download 4.2.2 version.
Then, go to "advanced options". Now enter "10" in "Continuous Connect sec".
And now clic on "Connect Now"
It works for Samsung galaxy tab s2!

Last edited:

Popogagnon

Mar 22, 2018
Visit site
Re: PS4 DS4 (Dual Shock 4) Controller delayed bluetooth input lag (latency) on Android Samsung Galax

Found a fix on my Samsung Galaxy S8+ running Android 8.0 and the latest build of Bluetooth Auto Connect (4.5.4).

Just install the latest version from the Google Play Store and open it. Click "Profiles" and select "Media Audio (A2DP)".

Click "Devices" and select your DualShock 4, likely labeled "Wireless Controller". Once again, select "Media Audio (A2DP)".

Return to the main menu and scroll down to "Advanced Options". Click "Continuous Connect (Sec)" and set it to "2".

Close the app completely, turn off BlueTooth on your device and make sure your DualShock 4 is turned off. Re-open the app, turn on BlueTooth and lastly, turn on your DualShock 4 (press and hold the PS button for a second).

Voilà! The controller should be working with near-zero lag. Hope this works for you!

Joelrau

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: PS4 DS4 (Dual Shock 4) Controller delayed bluetooth input lag (latency) on Android Samsung Galax

Found a fix on my Samsung Galaxy S8+ running Android 8.0 and the latest build of Bluetooth Auto Connect (4.5.4).

Just install the latest version from the Google Play Store and open it. Click "Profiles" and select "Media Audio (A2DP)".

Click "Devices" and select your DualShock 4, likely labeled "Wireless Controller". Once again, select "Media Audio (A2DP)".

Return to the main menu and scroll down to "Advanced Options". Click "Continuous Connect (Sec)" and set it to "2".

Close the app completely, turn off BlueTooth on your device and make sure your DualShock 4 is turned off. Re-open the app, turn on BlueTooth and lastly, turn on your DualShock 4 (press and hold the PS button for a second).

Voilà! The controller should be working with near-zero lag. Hope this works for you!

Holy moly! Thank you so much for this! Works now with my OnePlus5T. No lag whatsoever. Thank you again!

Purplemonkeyspank

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site

This problem isn't an issue with the new V2 version Dualshock 4.

mrsweet1991

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Hey!

I'll reply ^^. Everyone posting is relating to Bluetooth Auto Connect version 4.2.2 or LOWER. For some stupid reason, version 4.5 is shot and delay is extensive with PS4 gamepad.

To fix, download 4.2.2 (Search Google) and download it. You might be inquired to remove 4.5 due to installation failure initially.

Once I downloaded the previous version, then ensured B.A.C auto connects every 5s my entire experience has been stellar.

I joined to reply to ya. This one should be known..

My god...a phone with 5k resolution PSP games I can explode :D :D :D

What a legend! Worked an absolute treat and can now run Battlefield 1, Far Cry 5 and more on my Galaxy S6 Edge using Shadow.tech really glad I found this fix!

John V4

Dec 15, 2018
Visit site
None of these solutions work for me on Android 9, cable exempted. Bluetooth auto connect has also updated to a new version (4.6) with no changes. I also have the 30s of normal use before unusable lag. OnePlus6 for the curious.

What on earth causes this? :/

Kenneth Janis

Feb 13, 2019
Visit site

This work for a whole 3 minutes and then the whole of psxe froze for a bit. Would work again and then freeze. Thinking I am just going to try a micro USB to USB-c for my S8. Going on a road trip and want to play chrono cross while I am in the car for 5 days. Thanks anyways.

sneakky1

Mar 7, 2019
Visit site

I am having the same issue but..... only with 2 of our 4 controllers. I doubt that color has anything to do with it but our red and blue controllers work fine with no lag on Galaxy Tab S4. However both of the black controllers have a severe lag. All 4 of these controllers work perfectly with the PS4. I thought this was strange.

I am wanting to play emulated games on my android but the latency/lag is preventing me from playing. I have searched all the forums but cannot fit my exact situation. The unique situation that I am finding is that the lag is not present for the first few seconds after connecting to bluetooth…however becomes prevalent after starting apps.

I have created a video to show my situations more easily. See the video here - youtu.be/0MVYmBd-3hE

I have 2 S5’s and 2 Galaxy Tab 4’s which I have all tested this on. Same results for all.
On the Galaxy Tab (running 4.4.2) On the S5 (running 5.0) All updated 5/16/2015

Thank you for your help!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty