PS4 DS4 (Dual Shock 4) Controller delayed Bluetooth input lag (latency) on Android Samsung Galaxy, is there anyway I can fix this?

tripandball

May 16, 2015
Visit site
PS4 DS4 (Dual Shock 4) Controller delayed bluetooth input lag (latency) on Android Samsung Galaxy

I am wanting to play emulated games on my android but the latency/lag is preventing me from playing. I have searched all the forums but cannot fit my exact situation. The unique situation that I am finding is that the lag is not present for the first few seconds after connecting to bluetooth…however becomes prevalent after starting apps.

I have created a video to show my situations more easily. See the video here - youtu.be/0MVYmBd-3hE

I have 2 S5’s and 2 Galaxy Tab 4’s which I have all tested this on. Same results for all.
On the Galaxy Tab (running 4.4.2) On the S5 (running 5.0) All updated 5/16/2015

Thank you for your help!!!

tripandball

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: PS4 DS4 (Dual Shock 4) Controller delayed bluetooth input lag (latency) on Android Samsung Galax

I have since figured out that the lag starts at exactly 30 seconds after you connect the DS4 (and not related to opening other apps). I ran a stop-watch on both the S5 and the Tab4 and it starts lag at exactly 30s.

Juanma Segura

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: PS4 DS4 (Dual Shock 4) Controller delayed bluetooth input lag (latency) on Android Samsung Galax

I have the same problem, I bought the controller today and when conect with Bluetooth to the S6 Edge the first 30 sec. go correctly, but then they become to lag..... with USB cable there is no problem, but I want to use the Bluetooth.

I have an LG G2 and have the same problem, maybe its an Android driver issue or the controller. I dont have a PS4 to give a try..

Vai Serious

May 28, 2015
Visit site

I have the same problem, I bought the controller today and when conect with Bluetooth to the S6 Edge the first 30 sec. go correctly, but then they become to lag..... with USB cable there is no problem, but I want to use the Bluetooth.

I have an LG G2 and have the same problem, maybe its an Android driver issue or the controller. I dont have a PS4 to give a try..

your controller is probably fine. Mine lags too, but just on android.

CptObvious89

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site

Did that fix the input lag issues?

Posted via the Android Central App

RoDeLoPo

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I was having the same problem until I used USB. I know it's not a proper solution, but getting an USB OTG cable is, as far as I know, the best way to go.

Last edited:

Martin Titz

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
The description in the Video seems to have a workaround:

[Having lag issues?]
If after paring you encounter lag issues (delayed button input), turn off Bluetooth (the controller turn off as well) you can do this even if a game is running. Then press the PS button on the controller and immediately after turn on Bluetooth again (controller should connect again). And when the lag/delay returns repeat these steps until it sticks. Once it does stick it won't lag/delay again...... until unfortunately after turning Bluetooth or controller off T_T. I know it's not a good or permanent fix but it's all I can offer for now. The lag on my Xperia Z kicks in each time exactly after 30 seconds, and usually take's 3 to 5 times turning off/on Bluetooth, and seem to work best for me while playing Dead Trigger 2. I call upon you with the same issues to exploit this, and hopefully we can find a steady and faster way to resolve this issue. Post your results in the comments and maybe together we can work it out. If I discover a better solution or one is presented to me I will gladly share it with you here, so stay tuned.

watch?v=QUaiz1xJb5s

Martin Titz

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
The Solution: Bluetooth Auto Connect

It seems that I cannot post links or Images as im new,

But download "Bluetooth Auto Connect" from UniqTec. Leave everything default, but while your connection to the Controller is active open Bluetooth Auto Connect - Hit "Connect Now" in the Advanced Options Submenu - And now the Lags will vanish or never appear.

Jtenma

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately. This doesn't fix the weird controller mapping issue android has with the ds4. Which means the controller is still useless. (games like shadow gun and blitz brigade are impossible to play unless you all find a way to remap buttons)

Last edited:

cravy84

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site

But download "Bluetooth Auto Connect" from UniqTec. Leave everything default, but while your connection to the Controller is active open Bluetooth Auto Connect - Hit "Connect Now" in the Advanced Options Submenu - And now the Lags will vanish or never appear.

Thaaaaaanks !!!

Hey Martin, many many thanks to post your solution of the bluetooth lag issue here. Since a few days i was looking around in forums&google for a solution and finally its fixed Thx:))) i even registrade me here to tell you^^

Guys i have a Samsung S5 with android 5.1 and martins post 100% worked for me at 1st try. No more delayed Dual Shock 4 . i am so happy. you did qhat android since month canr do it, shame on them respect to you my friend. no clue how you fig. that out^^

Keep on posting things....best regards stefan

metalxty24

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately. This doesn't fix the weird controller mapping issue android has with the ds4. Which means the controller is still useless. (games like shadow gun and blitz brigade are impossible to play unless you all find a way to remap buttons)

Hi there, have been reading about this way to fix the Lagg issue on my Samsung s5 have gone through all the steps and when opening the advanced menu and pressing 'connect now' nothing seems to happen, and the Lagg is still present, am I doing something stupid? Or am I doomed to play roms with a touchscreen for ever!!!! Any tips would be much appreciated as I really want to play old skool games whilst skiving at work 😃

1_12

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Same here. Sorry to revive again this thread.

I tried with Bluetooth Auto Connect, but nothing changes.
As stated by someone else here, there is no lag for the first 30 seconds, and than it starts.
I tried with a Galaxy Note 10 and a Note 3. Same issue.

cerchiarax

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
So I thought I was missing something as well but you have to try it a few times until the lag goes away it seems like. But in the other hand I think what really gets it to work is the sequence you do it in. YMMV
- Make sure android bluetooth is off
- Bluetooth Auto Connect window open in the Advanced menu
- Turn android bluetooth on
- Click on Connect Now( at this point you should see all your device trying to get connected)
- turn on your PS4 controller just with the PS4 center button(This is assuming you are already paired)
- At this point your PS4 controller should have connected in just a few seconds
- This part is important, wait for the sequence of bluetooth devices to finish failing to connect, in the meantime keep pressing the directional pad up and down for >30 seconds, if theres lag happening at >30 seconds then this trick didn't work.
- If this worked, just leave bluetooth auto connect open(might not be required) and load up a emulator and play Mario for example and should work perfect with no delay.

Dudeman1132

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
The fix is continuous connect. Use Bluetooth connect. Advanced options. Continuous connect.(sec). Set to 10 seconds or anything under 30 seconds. Then hit connect now. The problem is that it will start lagging after 30 seconds. After setting continuous connect this problem is solved. Happy gaming!

Last edited:

erikwoods

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site

This works. I don't know why, and I'm scared to keep this app installed but it ******* works. Thanks!

artscience84

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the BT Auto Connect!

It certainly fixed the lagging issue for me.

I must also bring up the keymapping issue, though.
I'm trying to play FIFA and it's just a lot of guess work figuring out the buttons.
It doesn't seem to make any sense.

So, upping to inspire a fix for that.

Again, thanks.
I also signed up just to mention this :cool:.

Cheers!
@artscience84

alee2027

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Hey!

I'll reply ^^. Everyone posting is relating to Bluetooth Auto Connect version 4.2.2 or LOWER. For some stupid reason, version 4.5 is shot and delay is extensive with PS4 gamepad.

To fix, download 4.2.2 (Search Google) and download it. You might be inquired to remove 4.5 due to installation failure initially.

Once I downloaded the previous version, then ensured B.A.C auto connects every 5s my entire experience has been stellar.

I joined to reply to ya. This one should be known..

My god...a phone with 5k resolution PSP games I can explode :D :D :D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae