The lighter shades of color are messed up on my display. All the nearly-white pastel shades are yellow-tinted, and many of the other light colors are wrong and/or "pixely". Here are images to show what I'm talking about.

Here is the the original test pattern I'm using:
    Colors messed up - Is this hardware or software problem?-10b.jpg

Here is a photo of my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1" screen, displaying the above test pattern:
    Colors messed up - Is this hardware or software problem?-10bscreenphoto.jpg
    Note how all the colors in the upper-right are yellowish, and many other colors are incorrect. (Yes, I know the color balance is different in the photo compared to the original image, but that's not what's concerning me.)

Here is a closeup of part of the screen:
    Colors messed up - Is this hardware or software problem?-10bscreenphotodetail.jpg
    The pixelated stuff is all real (not an artifact of my amateur photography), and the pixels are actually jittery/flickering on the Samsung's screen.

This looks like a hardware problem to me... except that, coincidentally, I noticed it right after upgrading from Android KitKat to Lollipop. So I'm wondering if there's any chance it's a software bug.

I have tried booting into system recover mode and wiping the cache partition. That made no difference.

Anyone ever seen anything like this? If it's definitely a hardware problem, it's still under warranty (yay!).

Thanks for any advice or hints you can provide.
    09-03-2015 09:34 PM
    Try to re seat the LCD cable, it's on the right side
    09-03-2015 11:04 PM
    Try to re seat the LCD cable, it's on the right side
    Thanks very much for that suggestion. I assume it will void my warranty if I open the case? If so, I guess I'd better get it fixed the "official" way.
    09-05-2015 11:50 AM
    Thanks very much for that suggestion. I assume it will void my warranty if I open the case? If so, I guess I'd better get it fixed the "official" way.
    Nothing to void the warranty as Samsung tablets don't have any kind of seal unless you damage the tablet like dents, scuffs on the frame while open it.
    I can open a Samsung tablet more than dozen times and there is no proof it was opened.
    W Statler likes this.
    09-05-2015 01:30 PM