How can I default apps and data downloads to the SD Card?

traveld

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Data storage

Is there a way to default app and data downloads to the SD card? I am constantly running out of onboard memory - 16GB is too little, I have a 64 GD SD card.
I have moved everything to the SD card that I can using application manager, but it seems that updates or possibley something else, keeps putting apps back on the device since I need to frequently move things back to the SD card. I cannot find any setting to default to the SD card.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Data storage

The system setting for default storage location is not available on all devices, so if you can't find it anywhere in the system setting of your device, then you can't set it universally. You can open each app individually and look at their settings menu to see if they give you the option.

traveld

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. I was hoping that I might have missed something and someone knew of a way to get around the limited device memory. I have done what I could find with individual apps with lots of data--like maps; but for some reason stuff moves back to the device on its own. I suspect it happens during updates, but I'm not sure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay