Is it possible to move files around, i.e. from internal to SD storage, rename, etc., by connecting the tablet to a PC? Will the tablet show up as an external drive on the PC enabling me to quickly manage files?
    12-14-2016 01:55 PM
    Yes ... and no. Not quickly, but it shows as an external drive and you can move files.

It's a lot faster (sometimes a second or two vs. minutes) to use a file manager app (ES File Explorer, Total Commander or even MyFiles [which I find myself using a lot]) and move copy then delete the originals while on the phone - no USB connection required.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-14-2016 02:26 PM
    Thank you. I will try both. Despite speed, I am much more comfortable typing and moving files with my mouse on a PC, I find tablet manipulation more cumbersome.
    12-14-2016 02:33 PM
    Some new devices that are not rooted, with stock file explorers, forbids third explorers to Move files from internal to external, because haves a secret key code.
    12-14-2016 03:52 PM
    Is there a way to determine if rooting is necessary? I've seen the term, but do not know how to go about doing this. Can it be safely done by a tablet novice? I'm much more comfortable on a PC.
    12-14-2016 04:04 PM
    Is there a way to determine if rooting is necessary? I've seen the term, but do not know how to go about doing this. Can it be safely done by a tablet novice? I'm much more comfortable on a PC.
    Try first with a third file manager, to check if there are or not restrictions moving files from internal to external.

For example, these jsm series denies, some lg denies, these knoxed too. Try.

If you can't move, you have 2 choices:

1 sell your phone for buy another minus arbitrary.

2 root.
    12-14-2016 04:10 PM
    Thanks, I will try. Can I just connect the device to my PC with the USB cable? I have a tablet and not a phone, does that make a difference?
    12-14-2016 04:13 PM
    Thanks, I will try. Can I just connect the device to my PC with the USB cable? I have a tablet and not a phone, does that make a difference?
    No diffrence between phone or tablet.

Don't connect to pc, download a file manager and install on tablet, something equivalent to windows file explorer.

After installing, try move files to sdcard,

If sucess, you connect to pc and transfer your moved files from the sd to pc
    12-15-2016 05:29 AM
    Thank you. I will try as advised.
    12-15-2016 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD