I have tried holding down the home screen expecting to see a menu that says widgets but it doesn't appear. Then I tried clearing the cache partition that didn't help either I have only one widget on my home screen that displays the time and weather is this all there is? Thank you

09-15-2017 10:11 PM
    Moved from the Nougat forum to the Tab 4 forum (let me know if it's the wrong screen size version).

If you long-press an empty part of the homescreen, does anything happen at all? If you open your App Drawer, is there a tab along the top for widgets?

Also, make sure you're not in Easy Mode (if that option is available on your device): http://techlife.samsung.com/make-eas...mode-1529.html
    09-15-2017 10:15 PM
    Hi B. Daddy,
    Yeah it's a 10.1 Tab A... to answer your question, if I hold down an empty part of the home screen, all it does is shrink down, and I get a border around the widgets that are there so that I could move them.
    It gives me the option to remove them at the top of the screen. There is no tab in the app drawer along the top The term app drawer I assume you mean the icon app on the home screen? I only got the tablet a few weeks back I like it very much but could do with some widgets if possible. There is a kids mode icon but it is not in use and I'd like to remove it but I find that I can't. However I do have it disabled.

Thanks very much, 25544

Apologies for posting in the wrong forum thanks for moving it to the appropriate area! But I still don't see a forum for Tab 4...or I'd have used it. <sigh>
    09-16-2017 08:59 AM
    Can you show us a screenshot of what you see after you long-press an empty part of the homescreen? http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html
    09-16-2017 10:39 PM
    HI B Diddy,

No need for a screen shot...... the problem was, the area of the screen I was long pressing, was INSIDE the border of the large widget on the home screen. In other words the area looked like a blank area but was inside the frame that appears. The time and temperature widget is a large one and I accidentally discovered what I was doing. It would have been obvious to anyone else I'm sure, I have to long tap almost at the edge of the screen to get the word WIDGET to appear on the bottom of the screen! <sigh>

Thanks for all your time, sorry to have bothered any of you.

Cheers, 25544
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-17-2017 10:11 AM
    Aha! I was wondering if that might have been the issue. Glad you figured it out!
    09-17-2017 12:40 PM