Tablet dropped down - touchscreen does not work correctly.

zmalol

Dec 25, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I dropped tablet down from 1 meter and the lower half of the touch screen does not work correctly - the response is random. Upper half of the touchscreen seems to be OK. After drop down two touch buttons (Recent Apps and Back) also did not worked at all but I squeezed a little bit the lower right corner of tablet withh fingers. After couple of minutes the buttons started working again correctly.

On attached picture I tried to draw straight lines from upper right and lower left corners. The drawing stops just after bends of the lines. Is shows unresponsive part of the screen.

What can be a problem with the touchscreen? Is it uncalibrated only or just broken for good? Can it be a problem with wiring? Shall I try hard reset?

Any help will be appreciated,

Regards
Ziggy
bad touchscreen.jpg

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The screen is broken and has to be replaced. Get an estimate, then compare that to the price of a new tablet. It may be shocking, but for some of the cheaper tablets, replacing the screen is actually more expensive than replacing the whole tablet. (But the repair shops won't tell you that - they'll gladly take your money to replace the screen.)

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
After a drop touchscreen is not working properly, a simple reseat touchscreen cable will fix the problem.
Make sure you know how to open the rear cover, how to lift open the latch of connector.
Many newbies destroy and make it worse by broke the connector as they have no idea how to open them.
Search youtube video how to replace a battery, you may learn how to do this simple fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty