When I first set up the tab 4 it asked me if I wanted to encrypt the contents, I chose 'yes'. Ever since then to start the tablet I typed in a P/W and then on the screen there was a spinning circle of blue and green. After that disappeared I got the home screen and I could start to use it.

Within the past 2 weeks when I boot up, I enter the P/W and I am immediately taken to the home screen. The spinning discs are gone. I always assumed that while they were spinning, it was decrypting the data. Now they are gone and I feel like the stuff isn't encrypted anymore.

I know there is an option to encrypt the SD card but that ties the card to one tablet so I never chose to do that.

Looking under settings and security I see nothing related to encryption, except for the SD card and i don't want that. I see no mention of enabling encryption for the whole device.

Did some update blow away the main encryption if there was any? Where did those spinning things get to?

This is Android 7.0 fwiw.

Thanks to all in advance.

03-09-2018 06:45 PM
    Probably just optimized the boot up cycle, but if it still asks for the boot up password, you're good.
    03-09-2018 07:32 PM
    Probably just optimized the boot up cycle, but if it still asks for the boot up password, you're good.
    @SpookDroid,

Well I hope that's all it is, just seems odd that now after all these months of use, and those spinning circles, this occurs.

Regards.
    03-10-2018 10:20 AM