How to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 SM-T230NU

Stephanie Long2

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
We have two Samsung Galaxy Tab 4s (7.0 SM-T230NU running 4.4 Kit Kat) that were purchased for our children to use. Unfortunately all the free space has been eaten up by the apps in the less than one month we've had the devices. I already did one factory reset but after using the tables for a week, the free space is gone again. What I would like to do is root the device so that I can move the app to the SD card & have it run from the SD card instead of the device memory.

From what I understand I can root the device using Towelroot then partition the SD Card but I am unclear on how to actually partition the SD Card & then move the apps once that is done.

I'm not great with computers but can follow instructions & I'm not looking to do anything fancy or run any developer apps, these are tablets for little kids & all I want to do is let them be able to play their favorite apps (a 6 yr old boy in tears because he can't play My Little Pony is a rather pathetic sight to see). So my questions are:

1) Can Towelroot actually root the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 SM-T230NU without a computer? We don't have a PC

2) How do I partition the SD card?

3) How do I move the app to the SD card so it runs from there?

I appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
We have two Samsung Galaxy Tab 4s (7.0 SM-T230NU running 4.4 Kit Kat) that were purchased for our children to use. Unfortunately all the free space has been eaten up by the apps in the less than one month we've had the devices. I already did one factory reset but after using the tables for a week, the free space is gone again. What I would like to do is root the device so that I can move the app to the SD card & have it run from the SD card instead of the device memory.

From what I understand I can root the device using Towelroot then partition the SD Card but I am unclear on how to actually partition the SD Card & then move the apps once that is done.

I'm not great with computers but can follow instructions & I'm not looking to do anything fancy or run any developer apps, these are tablets for little kids & all I want to do is let them be able to play their favorite apps (a 6 yr old boy in tears because he can't play My Little Pony is a rather pathetic sight to see). So my questions are:

1) Can Towelroot actually root the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 SM-T230NU without a computer? We don't have a PC

I appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

I do not believe that Towelroot will work for the Tab 4. You will need to use a PC to root it.

gsearle

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: Conservins Space on Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 SM-T230NU

TowelRoot and iRoot will not work with the latest firmware. Here are some things you can do to conserve space.

- First, download an advanced file explorer such as ES File Explorer. Note that this won't have access to the external SD card, but it can do some extra things on the internal storage, such as analyze what is taking up space.

- Go to the DCIM folder on the internal storage and DELETE the ".thumbnails" folder. Create a new FILE named ".thumbnails" (with the dot on the front). This will block thumbnail creation and save roughly 512MB to 1GB.

- Go into the Settings of the device, General tab, and select Applications. Swipe left to get to the "SD Card" section. Open each appliication that is not checked and tap "Move to SD Card." Some won't work; just move on to the next.

- Many Apps allow their data to be stored on the external SD card in their "sandbox" folder. This is App-specific and you will need to research it. For example, "Podcast Addict" allows you to store podcasts on the external storage.

- Tell the camera and video recorder to use the external storage.

- Move all music, videos, documents, and photos to the external storage using the stock file explorer.

- Limit or eliminate the Apps that don't respect your need to conserve space on the internal drive.

Bowtie Gamer

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
1) Can Towelroot actually root the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 SM-T230NU without a computer? We don't have a PC I've heard of some cases when it does work but it doesn't work for mine. You need to support your device. Search on youtube if you can towelroot codes. It's the 2nd one you want to use. 😀

For 2 and 3 I do not know but for my device you move down the info tab and press the gear in the top right.after that go to general then scroll down the bar on the left and click on storage. From there choose Used Space, Applications then get to Downloaded. Then click on the app you want to move. You will get me information about the app and a button that says move to SD Card.

Other tips are... Clean Your Cache
Download megaV2. From play store. Offers free 50gb of memory. Don't know if it's legit...

Hope This Helps 😃

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis