Hi - I have moved some of the minor apps onto the 32GB SD card, but the ones that take space like downloads and podcasts won't move because the option is greyed out. I also have charts for sailing navigation. If the device won't accept them on the SD card, it is totally useless. I really don't see the point unless it's to only sell you Google apps and products. Is there any purpose to this tablet?
    04-02-2015 08:50 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you trying to move the downloaded files themselves to the SD card, or actual podcast player apps? If your device supports moving apps to SD, not all apps are movable. For those that can be moved, you can only move a certain portion of the app anyway.

Are you using MyFiles or some other file manager app to move files to the SD card, and it's not allowing you to?

Also, be aware that with KitKat and above, there are more SD card restrictions for app access, which was done for security. In order for an app to access data on the SD, it has to have specific permissions to do so, and can only access folders that it created or took ownership of. So if you have a podcast player app that doesn't have that permission, and then you move a podcast file to the SD card, the app won't be able to read it. See this article for more info: KitKat and SD cards — what's fixed, what's broken and what's misunderstood | Android Central

The SD card has always been most useful for storing media like photos, videos, and music. The newer security restrictions just mean that you need an app that is designed to access that media on the SD.
    04-02-2015 10:42 AM