Does anyone know of a way I can use my installed SD Card to store files and apps on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7inch? I've read posts that you must root or unlock the tablet buy using a windows PC, is there a way to do it on mac? And advice will be greatly appreciated, I purchased at 3gb card and my 8gb storage on the tab is getting full.

Posted via Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
    05-24-2015 11:41 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Using My Files or a 3rd party file manager like ES File Explorer, you should be able to move files like photos, music, and videos to the microSD card.

Moving an app depends on the device--some don't have this native ability. Go to the App Manager, select an app, and look for a Move to SD button--if you don't see that for any app, then the device doesn't have the function. But for those that do, moving an app only moves a portion of the data (and sometimes a pretty small portion), so it won't solve all of your space issues.

If the device doesn't have the native function, then you'd have to root the device and use an app like App Mgr III or Link2SD. You could use Towelroot: [ROOT] [Towelroot] Tab 4 - 8.0 and 10.0 | Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 | XDA Forums
    iamlee likes this.
    05-24-2015 03:47 PM
    Thank you for replying so quickly! I've noticed every tutorial that I find is stating that in order to root my device I need to use a PC. Is it at all possible to use my mackbook pro?

Posted via Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
    05-24-2015 09:37 PM
    I'm not a rooting expert, but from what I understand, Towelroot doesn't require a computer. See this guide: Towelroot v1 Released, Download Links and How To Guide | Shoutpedia

EDIT: One of my colleagues confirmed to me that Android SDK does work on OS X.
    05-24-2015 10:02 PM
    I use the 'My Files' to move (copy) files from DropBox to my SD card.
    The trick to making this easier is to move the folders and subfolders you want to store the file in into the Favourites area of My Files.

Then open My Files, scroll down and open Drop Box, Select and the Highlight the file you want to copy and then drag it into a Favourite folder
    06-07-2015 10:13 PM
    Use a one click root app to root it
    08-27-2015 04:01 AM
    The Tab 4 doesn't need to be rooted to move apps.
    10-06-2015 10:08 PM