My Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 battery is draining like crazy, what should I do?

A

AC Question

I've been using my Tab 4 a lot lately. I've only had it for 3-4 months now and the battery is suddenly acting extremely weird. Earlier today I was watching Netflix when the device said "Battery low" I immediately plugged it in to charge. I was still watching videos while it charged. The battery life jumped from 15% to 78% within 15 minutes to half an hour. I unplugged it and within 10 minutes the thing is at 10%. Is this my charger or system?

Additional info: My charger won't charge well. I have to hold the plug in my device for a few seconds until it normally charges.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Battery Issues

I've been using my Tab 4 a lot lately. I've only had it for 3-4 months now and the battery is suddenly acting extremely weird. Earlier today I was watching Netflix when the device said "Battery low" I immediately plugged it in to charge. I was still watching videos while it charged. The battery life jumped from 15% to 78% within 15 minutes to half an hour.
Look at Settings/General/Battery. Tap the graph to get to the next page. If there's a sharp drop to 0 ("falling off a cliff"), the battery is growing a dendrite and has to be replaced.

Additional info: My charger won't charge well. I have to hold the plug in my device for a few seconds until it normally charges.
That's a loose charging port and has to be fixed as soon as possible or it will cause further damage every time you charge the tab.

Also, discharging the battery below 40% can shorten its life a lot. Draining it as far as you can on every charge cycle can kill it in less than 6 months. (15% isn't much better.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol