I have been using my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (7 inch) for almost a year now. Just today, I started experiencing problems with the headphone volume. Before, headphones worked fine, but suddenly, while I was exercising on a treadmill, the headphone volume dropped so low that at first I thought that the headphones had stopped working entirely. Tested with multiple types of headphones, all of them had low volume, even with the media volume all the way up (and yes, I know about the different types of volume, media, system, etc, and I had media all the way up. Tested the headphones on a different device, and they all worked fine. Don't know at all what happened or why my tablet stopped working with headphones. Any fixes? Please?
    09-09-2015 08:54 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Make sure there's no debris in the headphone jack. Use a can of compressed air to blow it out, or root around with a damp toothpick. If it's pretty clean, then it's possible the jack is failing, or a connection might be loose--you may need to bring it to a repair shop to check.
    09-10-2015 01:05 AM