How do I stop a magnetic case from affecting my tablet?

A

AC Question

how do I stop a magnetic case from affecting my tablet?

I have a Samsung Tab 4 (10.1 inch). I got a beautiful case for it which has a magnet in it. I notice that my tablet is acting very odd since getting the case. It turns the screen on when I open the cover, which I don't exactly mind. But the problem is, it is turning my volume lower or higher by itself sometimes randomly (had phone on silent for instance, and suddenly notifications starting going off, and I checked and the volume was half way). It will turn on S Voice by itself. It has messed with some of my settings. Certain widgets have changed etc. by themself. I went into General settings and unchecked the box that says auto turn on when book cover opens. I thought this would turn off the sensor or something. After this my tablet no longer turned on when opening the cover and I haven't had anything strange happen so I figured it is fixed. But then just again this evening, it has started up turning on again when I open the cover. I checked the settings and the box is still unchecked. Restarted tablet - still turning on when I open the cover. I am now afraid it will go back to messing with my tablet again. Is this a common issue? Could someone please tell me how I could fix this while still keeping the case? Is there some other setting I can adjust or something I can do? Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy