I have a couple of questions Samsung Galaxy Tab4

LilaP

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I am new to using a tab and have no idea of how to do certain things that I want to. I have a 7 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab4 and am wondering when I take alot of photos will they go to the SD card that I have put into my tab?
Also how do I use a song from my music for a ringtone instead of the ones that come with the tab?
thank you

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The pictures will be saved on microSD card if you pick it in camera settings.

You can use ringtone maker to pick the part of the song you want to use as a ringtone.

LilaP

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Ok as I said I am completely new to this tab deal.
How do I pick it in my my camera settings. sorry for being such a dummy, but I have no clue.
thank you

I have found the storage for my camera and at the bottom of the page it shows SD Card and below it says Mount SD Card. I have the SD card in the tab already. when I touch the Mount SD nothing happens. I took the card out and replaced it, but still not showing.

Last edited:

Blkbny

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Open the Camera app, tap on the Setting sprocket on the top left, tap on the Settings sprocket on the next screen, scroll down by dragging with your finger to the Storage setting, tap on that and select the Memory Card radio button.

Enjoy.

LilaP

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
did as you said and I don't see anything about the memory card. I am attaching screen shots of what I see when I open the camera.

I clicked on the top right corner for the settings and scrolled down. you can see it says device, but the storage is greyed out and when I click on it, it does nothing.
thank you

Pic 1.jpg

Pic 1a.jpg

Blkbny

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Interesting, it seems like Tab don't even have an SD card. When you go into the Tab's Settings, General, Storage and scroll down do you have SD card info such as Total Space, Available Space, Unmount and Format?

Blkbny

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, didn't read your second post. Mine says "Unmount". Does yours have the Format Option? Is it possible you have a bad SD card?

LilaP

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I have a Backup and Restore under the General tab, but it says

All data will be erased from device memoey including your Google account system and application data, settings, and downloaded appplications.
Music
Photos
Other user data
The decryption key for files on the SD card (You cannot use encryped files on the SD card after you reset your device to factory defaults)

I have not problem with losing pix and music cause I can always add them back, but am wondering will it affect the SD that it is showing in the message? I am so confused and frustrated with this its not funny.
I would like to say thank you for all your help...Lila

LilaP

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
its all fine now. I was playing around with my tab and discovered that my SD card was sticking out a bit on the side of the tab. pushed it back in and waalaa its now showing my SD.
thank you so very much for being patient with me and for trying to help me out
have a great day....Lila :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech