So, this has been a long term issue for me, and I haven't been able to find a solution on the web. No matter what font it is (despite the pre installed ones), I always get the "Font Not Supported" error. Many people said that iFont fixed their problems, but I still get the Font Not Supported error. Is there a fix to this or do I have to root my tablet?
    Attached Thumbnails "Font Not Supported" error and how to fix?-screenshot_2017-01-04-01-05-44.jpg  
    Yanang likes this.
    01-04-2017 02:10 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Have you tried clearing the cache for the keyboard app?
    01-04-2017 10:24 AM
    Keyboard app? You mean Samsung Keyboard?
    01-05-2017 10:00 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Have you tried clearing the cache for the keyboard app?
    Yep, I tried clearing the cache from the Samsung Keyboard app and still no dice.
    01-06-2017 11:42 AM
    Yep, I tried clearing the cache from the Samsung Keyboard app and still no dice.
    I'm not sure what to suggest. If you need a working keyboard, Google and Swiftkey are pretty popular.
    01-06-2017 08:01 PM
    I'm not sure what to suggest. If you need a working keyboard, Google and Swiftkey are pretty popular.
    I use Google Keyboard, but I'm not sure what my keyboard has to do with changing the system's display font.
    Rob CO2 likes this.
    01-07-2017 04:30 PM
    I use Google Keyboard, but I'm not sure what my keyboard has to do with changing the system's display font.
    I think the fonts are only compatible with Samsung's keyboard. That may be why you are getting an error.
    01-07-2017 05:01 PM
    I think the fonts are only compatible with Samsung's keyboard. That may be why you are getting an error.
    So basically in order to use third party fonts, I have to use Samsung's Keyboard? If that's the case, that'll kinda stink.
    01-07-2017 08:34 PM
    So basically in order to use third party fonts, I have to use Samsung's Keyboard? If that's the case, that'll kinda stink.
    The last I knew (and I haven't checked in quite some time), most of those fonts were aimed at the Samsung keyboard.
    01-08-2017 10:34 AM
    The last I knew (and I haven't checked in quite some time), most of those fonts were aimed at the Samsung keyboard.
    Darn... Well I did try selecting Samsung Keyboard as my input method then tried to apply a font, still no dice. So does that simply mean that I have to root in order to apply third-party fonts? I used Google Keyboard on my Tab 3 LITE (running Android Jellybean) and had no problems using third-party fonts there and on my phone (running Android Lollipop).
    01-08-2017 11:48 AM
    Darn... Well I did try selecting Samsung Keyboard as my input method then tried to apply a font, still no dice. So does that simply mean that I have to root in order to apply third-party fonts? I used Google Keyboard on my Tab 3 LITE (running Android Jellybean) and had no problems using third-party fonts there and on my phone (running Android Lollipop).
    I took a peek at iFont on Play. They do mention that root access may be needed to apply 3rd party fonts for later Samsung devices.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=ubHi_Wts

In the description of the app it lists this; pretty close to the top.
    01-08-2017 03:45 PM
    I took a peek at iFont on Play. They do mention that root access may be needed to apply 3rd party fonts for later Samsung devices.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=SQPl8ixM

In the description of the app it lists this; pretty close to the top.
    Yeah I saw. I guess I do have to go down that road.
    01-08-2017 08:37 PM
    What device and carrier do you have?
    01-09-2017 08:37 AM
    What device and carrier do you have?
    It is a WiFi Galaxy Tab 4 (SM-T230NU) running Android KitKat.
    01-09-2017 06:20 PM
    It is a WiFi Galaxy Tab 4 (SM-T230NU) running Android KitKat.
    Perhaps this will help with the root process: https://forum.xda-developers.com/tab...vroot-t2866731
    01-10-2017 08:42 AM
    Perhaps this will help with the root process: https://forum.xda-developers.com/tab...vroot-t2866731
    You might want to try "Monotype Imaging Inc" fonts. You have to pay for each individually, but they work.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    01-20-2017 09:43 PM
    So, this has been a long term issue for me, and I haven't been able to find a solution on the web. No matter what font it is (despite the pre installed ones), I always get the "Font Not Supported" error. Many people said that iFont fixed their problems, but I still get the Font Not Supported error. Is there a fix to this or do I have to root my tablet?
    Hey hey... I know I'm late as crap but you should definitely try FontFix which is available in the Play store. You have to be rooted though. Just download the font you want within the app. Choose the plus at the bottom of the app, it should warn you about replacing your default font. Say yes. Then it's going to want you to reboot your phone. Do that. And then when your phone has restarted, choose your default font which will be the font you just installed. That's it. YAY!! Works for me!
    07-23-2017 12:37 AM
    Hey hey... I know I'm late as crap but you should definitely try FontFix which is available in the Play store. You have to be rooted though. Just download the font you want within the app. Choose the plus at the bottom of the app, it should warn you about replacing your default font. Say yes. Then it's going to want you to reboot your phone. Do that. And then when your phone has restarted, choose your default font which will be the font you just installed. That's it. YAY!! Works for me!
    I too have this problem. I downloaded Font fix too, but I don't find that "plus button". Anybody can hepl, please? Thanks
    03-14-2018 12:41 PM
    Hope my post helps. I got the exact same error you got on my new Note 8. I'm not super super advanced with technology because it changes so fast these days that I can't keep up with it, but I've learned a good bit over the years and rebuilt my first laptop, built a few desktops. I know I don't know everything, but I know enough that friends and family always seem to come to me for help. Maybe I shoulda never mentioned my secret. LOL

Anyhow, I just recently upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to a Note 8 and couldn't figure out why I couldn't change the font to something nicer like I could do on my Note 3. I can't stand plain fonts. On my Note 3 I used Clean Fonts from the Play store and it was great with zero issues, but on the Note 8 I got the same error you got. I Googled this issue and found this forum we're on now and also this page is what I found out and I'm really bummed. I bought an international Note 8 with no carriers attached. I hate the bloatware carriers force on us. I am loving this new phone. It may be old to some since Samsung is about to release the Note 9 which is great and has a lot of better features and also the fingerprint scanner will be better placed as per the leaks online, but this Note 8 is awesome and new to me from what I was using before and I'm usually not the first one to upgrade to the latest and greatest phone. I finally have a current enough phone that I can find accessories like cases in stores. I've always had to buy online because I didn't have a current phone. I just hate how expensive phones are these days.

How to Change System Fonts on Samsung Galaxy Note 8

‘Font Not Compatible’ Error

If you have a collection of fonts that you had used on previous Samsung Galaxy devices, prepare to be disappointed. Similar to the Galaxy S8 and S7 before it, while you will be able to install third-party fonts through the Play Store or other third-party sources on the Galaxy Note 8, you will be greeted with a ‘Font Not Compatible’ error when you try to apply them. This is because Samsung has changed its font framework starting from Nougat that makes it impossible to apply fonts acquired from other sources. The company took this step to clamp down on the piracy of fonts that was and still is prevalent on the Google Play Store.

So, the only way to download additional fonts on the Galaxy Note 8 is through the Galaxy Apps store. The problem? Apart from one font, almost every other font is paid and that’s not likely to go down well with most people. Sadly, there’s not much that you can do about it as well. On the bright side, most of the fonts are priced at a reasonable $0.99 or $1.99.
    06-29-2018 08:07 PM
    Ganyan din sakin
    07-14-2018 05:27 AM
    I cant apply my new downloaded font. It says that contact font provider
    10-01-2018 01:45 AM
    OK, I think I've found the root of this problem. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S4 with its original Android 5.0 OS and whatever Font i download from Google Play, online apk, or FlipFont, it will keep saying "Font Not Supported". While Android generally allows any font to be installed and applied, Samsung seems to be implemented a sort of DRM to clamp down on font piracy and allows only select Font providers (Monotype seem to be one) to be installed, but the catch is that most of their fonts are not free. I know, it sounds ridiculous to "pay for some letters" while Samsung allows sharing MP3s straight from Samsung Music app. I can confirm this because the only font I could install and apply was from the Galaxy App after clicking the Download button from the Select Font panel in Settings. You can download Galaxy Apps store apk anytime online. I also debloated my phone before (No Samsung Keyboard or Galaxy Apps in the system) so I'm sure fonts don't depend on Samsung Keyboard. Hope this helps clear things.
    01-04-2019 04:15 AM
    They are just making time wasting random guesses. They use Google translate to read your question.
    03-26-2019 11:11 AM
    Be assured fonts have nothing whatsoever to do with your choice of keyboard.
    05-18-2019 12:38 AM
    You do not. I had installed a bunch of fonts on an unrooted S8+. If I can remember, or figure out again, how I did it I'll post. But neither root, nor a specific choice of keyboard ( ⁠I was using Swype® at the time; I have never used the Samsung keyboard ⁠), have anything at all to do with this. Obviously if you are rooted, so much the better, but it is not a requirement.
    05-18-2019 12:46 AM