Acts like it's completely dead!

HoneybeeKate

Jun 10, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I have the samsung galaxy tab 4 7.0 and it's nearly 3 years old. I've never had any problems with it before but today I've nearly thrown the thing across the room!

I have no idea what the problem is and it's only happened twice so far but the 1st time it came straight on.

Last night I went to use it and the screen wouldn't light up when pressing either the home button or the power button so I thought maybe it had died. I put it on charge all night and expected it to work this morning........well wasn't I wrong!

I couldn't get it to come on at all I tried everything and so did my husband - holding the power button down for 30 secs to 1 min, trying the power and volume buttons together and then trying all the buttons together. Eventually my husband got it to boot up after holding the power button by itself for 10 mins! Once it came on the battery percentage said 18% instead off 100% so it never charged.
The charging cable is ok as it charges anything else I've plugged on to it.

Any idea what can be causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. If you can, I would try a different cable and charge combo, but from what you describe, it may be the charging port that is bad.

HoneybeeKate

Jun 10, 2017
Visit site
Hi, Thanks for getting back to me.
After it switched on I used the same cable and plug adapter and it charged fully, so I don't think it's a problem with charging.

The problem was it wouldn't power up at all......acting just like the battery was dead....hence the over night charge which didn't work as the battery showed 18% once it finally switched on this morning.

Any other ideas on what could be causing this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae