Gps issues and delays with bt external speaker

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm encountering gps localization issues on my new tablet.
I flashed it with stock rooted firmware hoping to fix this problem but if I use the tablet in my car and I go out from tunnels my tablet is localized by gps only after about 40-60 secs.
It's very hard to use.

Furthermore I'm looking to use this tablet as navigator and I connected him to a Bluetooth JBL speaker but I get the voice from navigator in some delay when it starts to give the voice command and the instructions are cutted.. it's hard to use it..
Do you know how can I fix them?

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
There is an app called GPS Status that may help with your position fixing issues. It fixed my GS-7E, which would go off by more than a mile at times.

Don't really know what you can do about the delayed audio, though.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm encountering gps localization issues on my new tablet.
I flashed it with stock rooted firmware hoping to fix this problem but if I use the tablet in my car and I go out from tunnels my tablet is localized by gps only after about 40-60 secs.
That's called a warm start, and while it's a bit long, it's not a defect. (While in a tunnel, of course, you get no GPS data, but you are changing location, so the GPS has to "catch up" once you get out of the tunnel. The longer the tunnel, and the fewer satellites the receiver is receiving [use GPS Status & Toolbox to see how many it's receiving at any given moment], the longer it takes to catch up when you exit the tunnel.)

Furthermore I'm looking to use this tablet as navigator and I connected him to a Bluetooth JBL speaker but I get the voice from navigator in some delay when it starts to give the voice command and the instructions are cutted.. it's hard to use it..
Do you know how can I fix them?
I wish I did, but there doesn't seem to be any way. I have the same problem with my Pixel 2 and my car radio. the same thing used to happen with my Note 3 and the same radio. It seems to be just the way Maps and Bluetooth work. You have to learn to live with it. (I may try Mapquest the next time I'm out for a drive, just to see if it's the app or the Bluetooth.)

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
There is an app called GPS Status that may help with your position fixing issues. It fixed my GS-7E, which would go off by more than a mile at times.

Don't really know what you can do about the delayed audio, though.

Thanks. I'm trying the app and it seems that the localization is faster when you get out from tunnels..
Why now it happens?

That's called a warm start, and while it's a bit long, it's not a defect. (While in a tunnel, of course, you get no GPS data, but you are changing location, so the GPS has to "catch up" once you get out of the tunnel. The longer the tunnel, and the fewer satellites the receiver is receiving [use GPS Status & Toolbox to see how many it's receiving at any given moment], the longer it takes to catch up when you exit the tunnel.)

It's half true that the longer the tunnel and slower is the fixing because my old Android radio (Eonon Ga1312) and my Oneplus 5 get satellites faster and I can be localized some secs after...

I wish I did, but there doesn't seem to be any way. I have the same problem with my Pixel 2 and my car radio. the same thing used to happen with my Note 3 and the same radio. It seems to be just the way Maps and Bluetooth work. You have to learn to live with it. (I may try Mapquest the next time I'm out for a drive, just to see if it's the app or the Bluetooth.)

Yes it's a problem that because is unusable when you can't see the map while you're driving.
I use Waze as navigator app.
I'll ask in Waze forum if they can add a feature to consider the delay for Bluetooth speakers usage..

Edit: I tried GPS when my car was stopped and I noticed a sort of interference related air conditioning or something else.
When I switched off air conditioning Gps localization seemed little better but not acceptable.
I wonder if my Micra K12 has gor a shielding that interferes with Gps antenna.
At this link you can find a video I recorded:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15VlXqigao5pTVSWwT5zt51eNAvJ_UjRO/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci