Widget issue adding widget

kelleygirlmma

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what happened but my weather widget just diapered. When I hold down the home screen the menu comes up and I tap apps and widgets, scroll to Weather 6x3 drag it to the home screen and it states "The widget has already been added to the home screen" but it's not still blank.

I have tried to reboot the device, I have tried to wipe data (not FDR it's not a resolution for this I assure you) but can't figure out why it thinks it's there when it's not.

Anyone got any ideas? I do not want to download another app. I'd like to use the OEM one.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Gross, I hate it when my widgets get diapered!:p

Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Cache partition: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 | T-Mobile Support

If that doesn't work, you could go to the App Manager, select the launcher (probably called TouchWiz or Home or Launcher), and Clear Cache. If that doesn't help, then tap Clear Data from that screen, but keep in mind that this will wipe the homescreens, and you'll have to set them back up again the way you like.

androidwizard

May 25, 2015
Visit site
When you get the message that the widget was already added to the home screen it just means that it moved to another one of your home screens. Just look at all your screens and you should find it. Once you do just drag it to the main home screen.

Elizabeth Boepple

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I have cleared the cache in recovery mode; I have cleared the touch screen cache. I have rebooted the phone. I only have 2 home screens, and the weather widget isn't on either one. I'm still being told that it's already been added. (I even tried removing it by dragging it to the trash can from the widget screen.) Where did it go and how do we get it back again?

Ftorrent

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I have cleared the cache in recovery mode; I have cleared the touch screen cache. I have rebooted the phone. I only have 2 home screens, and the weather widget isn't on either one. I'm still being told that it's already been added. (I even tried removing it by dragging it to the trash can from the widget screen.) Where did it go and how do we get it back again?

I have the same problem, tried the same things. I'm still searching for an answer but dosent seem to be a very popular problem right now, surprisingly. My 3yo daughter uses my phone alot and I think something she did has removed it but the OS thinks it's still there...??? I'll keep you posted.

Big Al In Cali

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Had the same issue on one of my two S5s. Finally got it fixed.

Try going to "Settings--->Application Manager". Then check your "Disabled" Apps. I re-enabled "Samsung Push Service" and "Unified Daemon" and was able to add the clock/weather widget on my home screen

dennis Alona

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Not sure what happened but my weather widget just diapered. When I hold down the home screen the menu comes up and I tap apps and widgets, scroll to Weather 6x3 drag it to the home screen and it states "The widget has already been added to the home screen" but it's not still blank.

I have tried to reboot the device, I have tried to wipe data (not FDR it's not a resolution for this I assure you) but can't figure out why it thinks it's there when it's not.

Anyone got any ideas? I do not want to download another app. I'd like to use the OEM one.

I fixed up mine just now. Go to app manger setting disable your weather clear cache everything. Restart your phone. Enable it then put it back to your home screen

massi

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Thank you very much Dennis Alona! Your solution worked like magic (Samsung NOTE3 running Android 5.0). I am just paraphrasing:

1. Go to Settings>General>Application manager>ALL>Weather
2. DISABLE
3. CLEAR CACHE + CLEAR DATA
4. Restart your phone
5. Go back to Settings>General>Application manager>ALL>Weather
6. ENABLE
7. Try to add the Weather Widget to your home screen now. If you don't have other issues with your android and, like me, have been trying for weeks to fix the Weather widget problem, you will finally see it and say: "I MISSED YOU SO MUCH :)".

Once again, all the credits and many thanks to Dennis Alona... You are the best!

Hamp

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't have "Disable". Unless you mean, check the "Disabled" list under the Application Manager. Your instructions said go to ALL>Weather but there is no feature for disabling the app itself in there. May want to edit your post. I'm running Android 5.1.1 on a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - maybe that's the reason.

Marco Mendez

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Thank you very much Dennis Alona! Your solution worked like magic (Samsung NOTE3 running Android 5.0). I am just paraphrasing:

1. Go to Settings>General>Application manager>ALL>Weather
2. DISABLE
3. CLEAR CACHE + CLEAR DATA
4. Restart your phone
5. Go back to Settings>General>Application manager>ALL>Weather
6. ENABLE
7. Try to add the Weather Widget to your home screen now. If you don't have other issues with your android and, like me, have been trying for weeks to fix the Weather widget problem, you will finally see it and say: "I MISSED YOU SO MUCH :)".

Once again, all the credits and many thanks to Dennis Alona... You are the best!

It worked! !!!!!

Thank you! !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

OldMedic3

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
I see no disable button for weather widget app. Once I go to application manger have to show system apps to see weather program. I can clear cache and data. Once that done restarted phone same issue. This is on a S5.

Diana Rincon

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I was having the same issue on my s5. I changed the battery, and when I rebooted, the weather widget on my first, main home screen had disappeared. I tried to put it back and got an error message saying that it has already been added to the home screen. 2 days later, after many and varied attempts ( including doing the same thing more than once and hoping for a different outcome!) I looked again on all my home screens and found it on the very last page which had nothing on it that I knew of, so I didn't even look there before. Even the page before it had nothing on it. SO, look thoroughly on every home screen, even the ones that you think are blank, and perhaps you too will find your lost weather app. Once I found it, it was easy to move it back to the place it belongs on my first home page.

Last edited:

TineJ

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue. After trying all sorts of things short of seeking help, I went to Application Manager and saw I had a bunch of widgets, apps, etc. that had been "RESTRICTED". I don't know how they became Restricted, but once I unchecked the box beside the widgets, they worked just like before!

Thanks to all ya'lls input. I never would have checked Android Manager without your suggestions. THANK YOU!

daneshvet

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site

Just transfer it ti internal storage

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Thank you thank you thank you. I knew it had to be something simple. You were right. It worked!

When you get the message that the widget was already added to the home screen it just means that it moved to another one of your home screens. Just look at all your screens and you should find it. Once you do just drag it to the main home screen.

You are absolutely right! It worked. It was on another home screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12