Series of problems Tab4 8.0

Kit Luce

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Looking for some help hopefully. I have had this tab 4 for about a month now and I am having the following problems:

When playing media through the headphone out in between songs it says headphones disconnected then reconnected. When I hit play it will do it three or four times then it will play. Does it on any media app.

Sometimes in music player it will just start skipping songs and say file type not playable, sometimes it does it sometimes not even on the same song.

Facebook started popping and error tried clearing the cache and data to no luck so I just uninstalled it.

When trying to download any app fron the play store it will pop and error that it could not be installed on device or sd card, both of which have plenty of storage.

When I go into my settings I do not have the WiFi Hotspot option under any of the tabs.

The device is up to date with system updates and the memory card is a brand new pny class 10 elite 64gb card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! For general issues like this, it's worth clearing the system cache partiition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11085

It's also worth unmounting the card (in Settings>Storage) and removing it, in case the card itself is corrupt and impacting the tablet's performance.

If the device is wi-fi only, it wouldn't have a Wi-fi Hotspot feature. Hotspots require the device to have mobile data (3G/4G).

Kit Luce

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Clearing the system cache partition solved the app install problem, and now the only issue on audio out is the same problem but only when playing it in my car via aux (my note 4 works fine so I don't think it's an issue on the car end).

As for the Hotspot deal it is a 4G att tablet. My OP was done in the back of an ambulance on the way back to the station after a run lol.

I was going to post you a screen shot of my settings but I don't have a high enough post count to do so yet.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The playback issue might be related to the aux cable--if it's not entirely compatible, it might be tweaking the contact in the headphone jack that's responsible for playback commands (like pause and play). Compare the aux cable's plug with a headphone plug that you know works on the phone. Are the contacts in the exact same place?

I don't know about the lack of a hotspot--have you asked AT&T?

Kit Luce

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
The contacts are different, but I guess since my note 4 plays fine I was thinking it might be the tablet. I will call att and see what they say, when I got the tablet they told me it would do Hotspot so idk what is wrong with it.

I re installed Facebook and now it is saying com.facebook.orca has stopped. Any idea on that one?

Posted via the Android Central App

Kit Luce

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
So apparently the tablet's don't have WiFi hotspot, best buy Mobile misinformed me. I had the Samsung experience shop flash my rom so I am trying that out to see if I have any continued software problems. As for the headphone issue I'm starting to think it is a hardware issue maybe a bad solder or loose 3.5mm jack...idk

Posted via the Android Central App

cmcollins001

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I can't say anymore about the other issues other than what's already been said, but if the tablet you have is the LTE version then it should be hotspot capable. I have the AT&T version and using the AT&T All Access widget I can set up and use hotspot just fine. I'm using it right now and getting good upload and download speeds with no problems.