New Tablet Owner: Can I get some help?

cre8tivspirit

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
New Tablet Owner seeking some help

I just bought a new Note 5 from AT&T and got a free Tab 4 8.0. I'm a complete noob to Android devices. Somehow I managed to create a new blank page(?) between my home screen and what was my second page of apps. I'm not real sure how I did it and now I don't know how to remove it. Help please.

Secondly, I noticed that this tablet has 4.4.2 as the OS. Will it get the new 5.1.1 or no?

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: New Tablet Owner seeking some help

To remove the blank page all you have to do is with two fingers do a pinch gesture on any part of the homescreen. That should bring up the editing mode up. Or you can just tap and hold on any blank spot in the homescreen. Then go to the page that is blank, tap and hold on it and drag it to the remove icon that will pop up.

For the update have you tried checking for the update manually in the settings app? It should be available by now. I think.

cre8tivspirit

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the tip. I was able to get rid of the unwanted pages. However I still can't update the tablet. I went to "About Device" and then checked for updates. It tells me that my updates are current but it says I have Android version 4.4.2. Any other ideas? Should I contact AT&T?

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

If it's the wifi+LTE version perhaps AT&T hasn't released it yet. I think maybe the update hasn't been pushed out yet just checked a website that it's still in the process of being release.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

cre8tivspirit

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

it is the WiFi LTE version. Where did you check to see about availability?

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

I just Googled it. Many articles showed it should be available soon.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Marbor Mar

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

I just bought a new Note 5 from AT&T and got a free Tab 4 8.0. I'm a complete noob to Android devices. Somehow I managed to create a new blank page(?) between my home screen and what was my second page of apps. I'm not real sure how I did it and now I don't know how to remove it. Help please.

Secondly, I noticed that this tablet has 4.4.2 as the OS. Will it get the new 5.1.1 or no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis