I am on my second Samsung victory in three months and am having the same problem. many times on incoming calls, a lot of times from I-phones, I have no control over the volume of the callers voice. it's like it's stuck on high. my local sprint did a hard reset, which didn't work, so they sent me a new one. same problem. I've adjusted every volume control option I can find but that has not fixed the problem. love the phone, so I want to get this resolved. help please.
    09-19-2013 11:12 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! So is the problem that the incoming caller's voice volume is too loud, too soft, or too high pitched? I can't quite tell from what you're describing.
    09-19-2013 11:20 AM
    way to loud. have to hold phone away from my ear. you can see the volume bar raise and lower when using the adjusting bar, but the volume remains the same. hope you can help.
    09-19-2013 01:49 PM
    Hmm, never heard of that problem. Dumb question, but you're not on speakerphone, right?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-19-2013 02:26 PM
    right, not on speaker unless something is toggling itself. but wouldn't the volume still be controllable? while I've got your attention and maybe related, my first victory you could increase or decrease the font size of texts with the volume bar, but not on the replacement I received. thanks for the replies.
    09-19-2013 06:24 PM
    How about Settings/Accessibility? See if there are any options there for hearing-impaired that might be turned on. Changing font size options with the volume control might be there as well.
    09-19-2013 06:37 PM
    Usually its the exact opposite in that you cannot hear the caller. Kind of funny that its to loud.

Try running a Star Code Audio Test on the device by opening your Keypad as though you are going to dial a telephone and typing *#7353#. Some options will pop up and let you check the internal speaker (the one you hold up to your ear) the External speaker (the loud speaker used for the speakerphone) etc.

If it seems loud when you test the Melody option which is your internal speaker, then thats just the speaker and short of adjusting the volume to a lower setting there is not much you can do to the phone itself.

You could also use a Bluetooth or wired headset, not that you should have to, but its worth a consideration.

Good luck Ben, it doesnt sound like a defect to me. Just sounds like that is the way the phone is, especially if both the phones, your original and replacement, are acting the exactly the same.

If its only SOME calls then look into some Network Troubleshooting as well. It might be a problem on your Wireless providers side.

~ Moneypenny~
    09-20-2013 01:09 AM
    Thanksh for the shound advishe, Moneypenny.

Sorry, had to say it.
    09-20-2013 01:12 AM
    thanksh to both of you. <now that's funny>
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-25-2013 10:49 AM