Galaxy Victory - Group SMS / Texting / Messaging Issue

NotUrDroid

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks in advance for your help with this. The guys at the retail store were no help.

My previous Samsung Droid Charge had no problem with viewing received group texts / messages in a single thread. I was using GoSMS Pro.

I just got a new Samsung Galaxy Victory running 4.1.2 and no matter what I do, I can't view my group messages in a single thread. I have to go back and forth to individual messages and try and keep up. I've tried GoSMS Pro, the native messaging app and another 3rd party app, but nothing works.

Does anyone know what settings to change (and how) or what else can be done to correct this problem?

Thanks again!

PotterGrl

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I hope someone answers this because I have the same issue. Plus, I can't even tell when it's a group text! I get surprised when I answer a text, then someone else answers it too! That's how I find out it was a group text. I have no idea if my replies even go to all of the people, or just the original texter. So I must be extremely careful what I say when I answer text messages, because I never know who it's going to. My son can't even receive group texts on his Samsung phone, it's not even a galaxy.

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
The issue I have with my phone or GoSMS (can't tell which is the cause) is that I send an MMS and it takes pretty much 3 weeks for it to make it to my recipient. I was trying to recieve a picture from an Iphone and she sent it twice and I never got it. Another person sent me a picture from a Heuwei (sp?) Ascend and I can't get that to download. I get the message that I received something and how big it is and when it expires and all but it fails downloading. I really wanted these pictures and GoSMS seems to not say whether or not it is their issue or my phone's.

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
3rd party messaging apps don't play well with the Victory at times. Have you tried the stock app to see if things work. I used to use handcent before I got the Victory but had so many mms issue with it on the Victory I just stuck with stock app

Sent from my HTC0P4E1 using Tapatalk

madbat

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
With a root file browser Go into system/csc/features.xml open with text editor, scroll down to *enable group message* and change false to true and save changes. Should be all good..
7adyqu4a.jpg

Last edited:

Jessica Bockhorst

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
With a root file browser Go into system/csc/features.xml open with text editor, scroll down to *enable group message* and change false to true and save changes. Should be all good.. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/23/7adyqu4a.jpg

I did that but for whatever reason it will not allow me to save the changes, my phone said "save failed". I'm wondering if it's because I use virgin mobile for my galaxy victory.

RCurler

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I have rooted my phone, installed ROM Toolbox Pro, SuperSU, Titanium Backup, etc. I used ROM Toolbox Pro and edited the system/csc/feature.xml file as indicated setting EnableReplyAll to true and also setting EnableGroupMessage to true. The changes were saved. I have rebooted and I have installed and tried SMS Pro, Handcent SMS with Group addin, and Textra. While each of these work to handle texts just fine, none seemed receive group texts any differently than the stock program, which is to say that the group is not identified and there is no reply to all function.

I am very happy I rooted my phone, Greenify and Link2SD have made it (and also my wife's phone) run much smoother and much more quickly. About the only thing I can't seem to accomplish is receiving group texts.

I have Android 4.1.2. There seem to be no further official upgrades available. What would you suggest for my next course of action? Would installing a new ROM likely enable the group texts, or are there other action I could take. If so, is there a ROM you would recommend, either before or after 4.1.2? Perhaps I am missing something simple?

Thanks for you consideration and help.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance