No Touch Response after screen replacements

Fraktal55

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Alright so I've had the galaxy victory for a good amount of time now and have been very pleased with the phone. A couple months back I dropped it perfectly on this one corner and shattered the screen. I came to find out the phone has two: an LCD screen underneath a Touch "digitizer" screen. Only the digitizer was cracked so I bought myself a new one, replaced it, and everything was fine. Until just three days later I had the phone in a large jacket and managed to smash it in a car door and crack BOTH screens this time. I could tell the phone was still working fine through the cracked screens [I could unlock my screen and switch pages on homescreen I just couldn't make out anything specific]. I bought both screens, waited 2-3 weeks for them to arrive, and replaced them.

So here comes my current problem: After replacing both the LCD and the touch digitizer everything comes on and it boots up just fine and comes up to my lock screen anddd I have no touch response. I have taken the phone apart and put it back together MULTIPLE times now and can't get it to respond to my touch. Both screens said they were shipped new, tested, and in complete working condition.

With it only being ONE simple ribbon cable attached from the touch digitizer into the back of the LCD screen... what is going on here? Would a hard factory reset fix my problem possibly? I don't really want to do that but I will if it will mean having my phone back. Is there something I need to do to make the LCD screen "recognize" the touch screen? I don't feel like there should be but I'm just at a loss for how to troubleshoot this problem. I let my gf throw away the cracked screens once I had them removed unfortunately so I don't have any known-working parts to troubleshoot the problem. My only guess would be a bent ribbon cable from the digitizer but it doesn't look damaged at all.

Confused, frustrated, and ready to have my phone back,
I appreciate any help,
Thanks,

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

It seems as though either the digitizer is not working or has a bad connection. It could also be possible that something else is damaged that is deeper than just the digitizer, perhaps something on the board itself.

Have you checked with the manufacturer of the digitizer to see if you could get a replacement?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke