I just purchased a View tablet... I like the large 18.4" screen... The one part I would like to get rid of is the first screen that comes up is a sales screen for netflix ect... How do you get rid of this promo page as I never use them... anybody done this???
    12-03-2015 08:09 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is this on a homescreen? Or is it a popup ad? Show us a screenshot: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-central.html
    12-03-2015 12:14 PM
    I cannot figure out how to take a screen shot at this page...

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-04-2015 08:38 AM
    On Samsung devices, it's usually pressing and holding Power and Home for about half a second. If that device doesn't have a Home button, then do Power and Volume Down.
    12-04-2015 10:26 AM
    I just purchased a View tablet... I like the large 18.4" screen... The one part I would like to get rid of is the first screen that comes up is a sales screen for netflix ect... How do you get rid of this promo page as I never use them... anybody done this???
    I have this tablet too, it's awesome, just like a portable android TV. I use Nova Launcher Prime, and it allows to not have the default opening screen, which I think is part of Touch Whiz.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-04-2015 10:30 PM
    Kool on the Nova launcher.? I will try that... thanks...

Sammuel1973 likes this.
    12-05-2015 09:19 AM
    The Nova launcher works great and no sales screeñ... thanks again...

Sammuel1973 and B. Diddy like this.
    12-05-2015 09:25 AM
    Are you talking about the streaming home page?

It's not a promo, it's quick access to all the streaming options shown including the ability to add your cable TV provider. Sadly, it's not configurable so you can't add or delete content providers. There's an always present icon in the lower right of the control bar to access the streaming page from anywhere on the tablet. If you don't want it to display simply uncheck it in the home screen manager settings. It doesn't exist on the AT&T version where it's replaced with a full screen DIRECTV app.
    12-21-2015 11:50 AM
    It is possible to choose a different home screen; I did it for my father-in-law yesterday but I am not with him and the tablet now so I hope my memory for this is correct:
    Swipe the unwanted "tile" screen to the left and then you get a screen that looks more like a typical Galaxy phone home page. Press and hold a blank area on this screen and then drag it down to the icon in the bottom middle that looks like a house. That then becomes your home screen (I hope!)
    Did that work?
    12-27-2015 04:00 PM