I was working on an outlet today while wearing my watch. Got a call. Freaked me the hell out when it vibrated. After today's experience, I wouldn't wear one on the job. If only for the fact that I'd be setting myself up for a prank...😂
    09-14-2021 04:37 PM
    If you're an electrician you shouldn't be wearing any kind of jewelry.
    That's an accident waiting to happen. You never know what you can tie into or get caught on.

When I was working (process engineer) nobody was allowed to wear jewelry - electrical, mechanical or laborer.

Just the safety advocate in me - hate to see the 1 in a million accident happen.
    09-14-2021 04:58 PM
    If you're an electrician you shouldn't be wearing any kind of jewelry.
    That's an accident waiting to happen. You never know what you can tie into or get caught on.

When I was working (process engineer) nobody was allowed to wear jewelry - electrical, mechanical or laborer.

Just the safety advocate in me - hate to see the 1 in a million accident happen.
    I'm assuming you're familiar with engineers rings?

I'd actually agree it's best practice to not wear jewelry on your hands and arms while doing manual work, but in reality I don't think there's much chance a watch would interfere with the work of a household electrician. Beyond vibrating and scaring them into thinking the breaker somehow got turned back on lol.
    09-14-2021 05:47 PM
    Electricians around here be wearing Gold Rolex's !
    09-14-2021 06:59 PM
    Electricians around here be wearing Gold Rolex's !
    Rolex watches suck. No notifications, no contactless payments, can't so much as track steps and only one ugly analogue watch face.
    09-14-2021 08:17 PM
    Rolex watches suck. No notifications, no contactless payments, can't so much as track steps and only one ugly analogue watch face.
    They only suck if you don't have any
    09-14-2021 08:44 PM
    Isn't Rolex watches a fashion statement or say hey I got lots of ?
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    09-14-2021 08:52 PM
    I was working on an outlet today while wearing my watch. Got a call. Freaked me the hell out when it vibrated. After today's experience, I wouldn't wear one on the job. If only for the fact that I'd be setting myself up for a prank...
    I'm a mechanic so no watches or jewelry for me lol
    I like to call myself Auto technician actually I do more then remove parts and replace , I troubleshoot drivability issues , there much better
    09-14-2021 08:54 PM
    They only suck if you don't have any
    Personally, I legit don't want any lol.

Isn't Rolex watches a fashion statement or say hey I got lots of ?
    Indeed, just a quick way to show you have too much money and too little taste.
    09-14-2021 09:15 PM
    Personally, I legit don't want any lol.

Indeed, just a quick way to show you have too much money and too little taste.
    Lol ..yeah rather have function over fashion statement but if you rich you can have both
    09-14-2021 09:18 PM
    I'm assuming you're familiar with engineers rings?

I'd actually agree it's best practice to not wear jewelry on your hands and arms while doing manual work, but in reality I don't think there's much chance a watch would interfere with the work of a household electrician. Beyond vibrating and scaring them into thinking the breaker somehow got turned back on lol.
    Depends on the work. I was using a milI at work today and had my watch off. For the electrical work, I was just replacing an outlet. If it's simple and I can't figure out which breaker shuts off the circuit, I can manage with live wires. But I was dealing with multiple wires to the outlet so I shut off everything labeled "plug". Tested for live wires with a DVM and a plug tester and it was off. I've been shocked before and the vibration of the watch had a similar frequency. I flinched so hard. Made me crack up after I realized what happened.
    09-14-2021 09:25 PM
    Yeah, that vibration of the watch is very close to the tingle of electricity. It's freaked me out a few times.
    09-14-2021 09:52 PM
    I work on cars and am an FAA licensed Aircraft Mechanic (and was a Helicopter mechanic in the Army) and we were NOT, and I mean, NOT NOT NOT, allowed to wear ANY KIND of jewelry or anything of the sort on the job. The first time you see a finger "degloved", you will understand.

When you are working in certain industries and certain types of work, you really need to think of safety over bling.
    mustang7757 and Smokeaire01 like this.
    09-15-2021 08:46 AM
    Before I bought my first smart watch I wore a regular mechanical watch. I was wearing it one time while using a tabletop degaussing machine to erase some hard drives. I got a lesson in time travel. It took me a little bit to register why the time on my watch was off by so much...
    Talderon likes this.
    09-16-2021 01:52 PM
    Before I bought my first smart watch I wore a regular mechanical watch. I was wearing it one time while using a tabletop degaussing machine to erase some hard drives. I got a lesson in time travel. It took me a little bit to register why the time on my watch was off by so much...
    Oh man, those things can play hell with anything remotely electronic!! LOL!

Glad it was the watch time traveling and not you. I heard it can be rough on the system to time travel. :P
    09-16-2021 02:19 PM