Just received 3 in today..2 Classics and a Watch 4

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
First time smartwatch consumer... I'm not fully setup since I'm having to get a new SIM card for my carrier. I am running on BT and WiFi.
Any suggestions on an Alexa app, a Gmail app since Outlook isn't showing emails and any other apps for one who is smartphone techy but not smartwatch techy...

So far I'm enjoying them and cannot wait until they can run fully on their own as stand-alone watches with service.

I do have bands coming in but that's the only accessories so far I've purchased... Still have no idea what all to get... :)

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
My outlook works fine. I have 2 accounts for my outlook.

Personal outlook.com email
Work Office 365 Email

Emails and notifications work great in my Watch 4 Classic.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I would install this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zenbarrier.wearfull

You need to install it on your Phone AND Watch.

What it does:

It puts a notification panel on your phone showing that your watch is charging and what percentage it is at. It will also send you a notification sound when it is fully charged or if it is taken off the charger before it is full.

One of the things I really like about this app is that even when your phone is away from your watch (I have left my watch at home on the charger) and it still works! :)

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I would install this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zenbarrier.wearfull

What it does:

It puts a notification panel on your phone showing that your watch is charging and what percentage it is at. It will also send you a notification sound when it is fully charged or if it is taken off the charger before it is full.

One of the things I really like about this app is that even when your phone is away from your watch (I have left my watch at home on the charger) and it still works! :)
What's the battery hit either on phone or watch from this app?

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
What's the battery hit either on phone or watch from this app?

I have not noticed any hits. I use it daily when I charge my watch and it does not even register on the battery usage stats on the phone and on the watch, the app is only active when it's charging and I have not noticed any drag on charge times.

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site

What it does:

Thank you so much. I'm such a newbie to these watches. I'll do that now.
I spent literally an entire day on the phone with both my carrier and Samsung to get my Outlook going to no avail. My Sim cards should all be more than likely Monday in hopes to gain LTE service on the devices vs this Wifi/BT I've got going on. 😑

I did install an app that showed me battery user but I'm thinking it's one I could delete since Samsung has a pretty good one already to view.

I truly thank you for this info. 😊

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
First time smartwatch consumer... I'm not fully setup since I'm having to get a new SIM card for my carrier. I am running on BT and WiFi.
Any suggestions on an Alexa app, a Gmail app since Outlook isn't showing emails and any other apps for one who is smartphone techy but not smartwatch techy...

So far I'm enjoying them and cannot wait until they can run fully on their own as stand-alone watches with service.

I do have bands coming in but that's the only accessories so far I've purchased... Still have no idea what all to get... :)

My outlook works too! I only use it for work emails and they come to my watch.

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
I got the Outlook to work. That's no longer an issue thankfully. Now it's activation on the LTE service.

Outlook issue was the eSim card not corresponding on them. Tech support fixed the issue on that. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith