New Update-Oct 20

neo999

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Thx for this thread. Been testing this update (DUJA) for a bit. For notifications, Gmail is fixed for me. I'm getting vibration and screen-on for this now. Also, all of my notifications come in as brief instead of detailed view. Where you have to hit the back button to be able to swipe them away. Time will tell on battery life hits. So far, so good.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I got it too on my BT Classic 46mm. Looking forward to see how the HR data is on my run today. I've been getting some wonky results here and there so I'm excited to see if that has been improved with these new algorithms.

neo999

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I got it too on my BT Classic 46mm. Looking forward to see how the HR data is on my run today. I've been getting some wonky results here and there so I'm excited to see if that has been improved with these new algorithms.
Have your workouts been detected automatically? Has never worked for me

neo999

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah if I walk for 10 minutes it auto detects.
Yeah, I haven't done an actual walk to test it, but with my GW3, doing yardwork was always detected as Walking. Not with the GW4. I'll try a walk around the neighborhood to see if it behaves differently. Thx All.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, so much for the update algorithm on my run. The damn watch didn't even detect a heartbeat in the entire run. Lol. It seems to be tracking my heart rate just fine if I look at the heart rate tile but nothing on my workout. 6 miles and nothing. I'm going to try restarting the watch.

Edit: After restarting the watch and starting a workout, it seems to be tracking my HR again. Maybe it was just some kind of glitch after the update? I will be doing another 6 mile run tomorrow and will check again. Hopefully it was just a 1 time thing.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Well, so much for the update algorithm on my run. The damn watch didn't even detect a heartbeat in the entire run. Lol. It seems to be tracking my heart rate just fine if I look at the heart rate tile but nothing on my workout. 6 miles and nothing. I'm going to try restarting the watch.

Edit: After restarting the watch and starting a workout, it seems to be tracking my HR again. Maybe it was just some kind of glitch after the update? I will be doing another 6 mile run tomorrow and will check again. Hopefully it was just a 1 time thing.

I walked at lunch (bout a mile), the auto detection worked and on history showed graph for heart rate so mine worked today.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I walked at lunch (bout a mile), the auto detection worked and on history showed graph for heart rate so mine worked today.
I think it was a glitch. I was doing some yard work after work and it auto detected me walking and tracked heart rate. It's odd though, even though the HR was not captured on my run, it still calculated Vo2 max somehow.

neo999

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Wow! It auto-detected my 3mi walk. First time for everything. I adjusted the band and lost HR during, but it came back a few minutes later. We'll see what happens when I do yard work this weekend.

But I fear battery life has gone to hell. Hope tomorrow is better.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Wow! It auto-detected my 3mi walk. First time for everything. I adjusted the band and lost HR during, but it came back a few minutes later. We'll see what happens when I do yard work this weekend.

Downloading and installing the update is always a huge drain on the battery. I wouldn't take today as an indicator of how it will perform. Start fresh tomorrow. Glad to hear that auto workouts seem to be working for you though.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

Interested if hrm accuracy has been improved.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site

So far, my experience is actually improved battery performance. Pulled off charger at 7am and it's almost 11am. I've received numerous text and email notifications (I have display set to turn on) and running AOD. I'm at 95%