10-25-2021 09:56 PM
30 12
tools
    Just downloaded. Article on front page about.

Enhanced fall detection
    Watch Faces
    HRM updated
    Gestures
    10-20-2021 11:52 AM
    Thx for this thread. Been testing this update (DUJA) for a bit. For notifications, Gmail is fixed for me. I'm getting vibration and screen-on for this now. Also, all of my notifications come in as brief instead of detailed view. Where you have to hit the back button to be able to swipe them away. Time will tell on battery life hits. So far, so good.
    jlangner and mlblack16 like this.
    10-20-2021 12:07 PM
    I got it too on my BT Classic 46mm. Looking forward to see how the HR data is on my run today. I've been getting some wonky results here and there so I'm excited to see if that has been improved with these new algorithms.
    10-20-2021 12:28 PM
    I got it too on my BT Classic 46mm. Looking forward to see how the HR data is on my run today. I've been getting some wonky results here and there so I'm excited to see if that has been improved with these new algorithms.
    Have your workouts been detected automatically? Has never worked for me
    10-20-2021 12:35 PM
    I always start runs manually but it almost always starts my walks automatically after about 10 minutes of walking.
    jlangner likes this.
    10-20-2021 12:41 PM
    I always start runs manually but it almost always starts my walks automatically after about 10 minutes of walking.
    It never auto-starts for me on walks. Will be testing this too I guess. Thx
    10-20-2021 12:48 PM
    It never auto-starts for me on walks. Will be testing this too I guess. Thx
    Do you have auto detect workouts on in your Samsung Health settings on the watch?
    10-20-2021 01:21 PM
    Do you have auto detect workouts on in your Samsung Health settings on the watch?
    Yup. I double check that setting after every update.
    10-20-2021 01:30 PM
    Yeah if I walk for 10 minutes it auto detects.
    10-20-2021 01:32 PM
    Yeah if I walk for 10 minutes it auto detects.
    Yeah, I haven't done an actual walk to test it, but with my GW3, doing yardwork was always detected as Walking. Not with the GW4. I'll try a walk around the neighborhood to see if it behaves differently. Thx All.
    10-20-2021 01:35 PM
    Well, so much for the update algorithm on my run. The damn watch didn't even detect a heartbeat in the entire run. Lol. It seems to be tracking my heart rate just fine if I look at the heart rate tile but nothing on my workout. 6 miles and nothing. I'm going to try restarting the watch.

Edit: After restarting the watch and starting a workout, it seems to be tracking my HR again. Maybe it was just some kind of glitch after the update? I will be doing another 6 mile run tomorrow and will check again. Hopefully it was just a 1 time thing.
    jlangner likes this.
    10-20-2021 02:33 PM
    And once again, nothing for GW4 LTE models. Two updates since my last update BU15: CUJ2 and now DUJA.
    10-20-2021 02:56 PM
    Well, so much for the update algorithm on my run. The damn watch didn't even detect a heartbeat in the entire run. Lol. It seems to be tracking my heart rate just fine if I look at the heart rate tile but nothing on my workout. 6 miles and nothing. I'm going to try restarting the watch.

Edit: After restarting the watch and starting a workout, it seems to be tracking my HR again. Maybe it was just some kind of glitch after the update? I will be doing another 6 mile run tomorrow and will check again. Hopefully it was just a 1 time thing.
    I walked at lunch (bout a mile), the auto detection worked and on history showed graph for heart rate so mine worked today.
    10-20-2021 04:52 PM
    downloading now
    10-20-2021 05:29 PM
    I walked at lunch (bout a mile), the auto detection worked and on history showed graph for heart rate so mine worked today.
    I think it was a glitch. I was doing some yard work after work and it auto detected me walking and tracked heart rate. It's odd though, even though the HR was not captured on my run, it still calculated Vo2 max somehow.
    jlangner likes this.
    10-20-2021 06:07 PM
    Wow! It auto-detected my 3mi walk. First time for everything. I adjusted the band and lost HR during, but it came back a few minutes later. We'll see what happens when I do yard work this weekend.

But I fear battery life has gone to hell. Hope tomorrow is better.
    jlangner likes this.
    10-20-2021 08:13 PM
    Wow! It auto-detected my 3mi walk. First time for everything. I adjusted the band and lost HR during, but it came back a few minutes later. We'll see what happens when I do yard work this weekend.

Downloading and installing the update is always a huge drain on the battery. I wouldn't take today as an indicator of how it will perform. Start fresh tomorrow. Glad to hear that auto workouts seem to be working for you though.
    jlangner likes this.
    10-20-2021 09:17 PM

Interested if hrm accuracy has been improved.
    10-20-2021 09:33 PM
    I will report back tomorrow after my afternoon run.
    10-20-2021 09:34 PM

So far, my experience is actually improved battery performance. Pulled off charger at 7am and it's almost 11am. I've received numerous text and email notifications (I have display set to turn on) and running AOD. I'm at 95%
    10-21-2021 10:55 AM
    I did a late 6 miler tonight and HR seemed pretty solid. It did not spike up for no reason like I've seen in the past. It seemed right on actually. There was one point where thr HR dropped off for a few seconds but then it came right back. Hopefully I continue to see solid results. Probably will do another 6 miler tomorrow and Sunday will be 10+ so I'm curious to see how it does on the 10 miler.
    10-21-2021 10:42 PM
    Is this a BT version only update? Still on BUI5 here and have been checking daily since I heard it was in the wild.
    10-23-2021 11:59 AM
    Is this a BT version only update? Still on BUI5 here and have been checking daily since I heard it was in the wild.
    Samsung's normal update cycle for their watches is that BT models get the updates first, then, normally, after a few days to a week, the LTE updates start to roll out. I believe the wait is due to carrier sign-off.
    kikbxr1969 likes this.
    10-23-2021 12:29 PM
    I did a late 6 miler tonight and HR seemed pretty solid. It did not spike up for no reason like I've seen in the past. It seemed right on actually. There was one point where thr HR dropped off for a few seconds but then it came right back. Hopefully I continue to see solid results. Probably will do another 6 miler tomorrow and Sunday will be 10+ so I'm curious to see how it does on the 10 miler.
    Yeah, the only way you can ever get me to do 10 miles manually is on a bike. I can't run.

Great to hear that things look good!
    10-23-2021 12:30 PM
    Yeah, the only way you can ever get me to do 10 miles manually is on a bike. I can't run.

Great to hear that things look good!
    So far so good. I'll report back after my long run tomorrow
    10-23-2021 12:33 PM
30 12