Battery draining

abbeybrown312

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
This started the day I downloaded the update that shows my watch is fully charged on my phone. It's draining within hours of charging. It was 80% when I went to bed last night and I woke up to it being off because the battery drained to zero. What could be causing this?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Usually it's something running in the background. I assume you have turned the watch off and back on, if not try that. Another option I can think of is reset the watch. If it keeps doing it, you probably have a app not playing nice with the watch.

Go to your Galaxy wear app, watch settings, and check the battery and see if there's anything taking a lot of battery.

Last edited:

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Exactly same behavior on my Galaxy Watch4. I put it on the charger while watching TV last night. Took it off at around 11:00 pm with 100% charge. Woke up at 8:00 am today with watch turned off and 0% charge.

Place back on the charger this morning. After it got up to about 10%, I turned it back on, connected to my phone, and checked Battery status. Showed only four apps that consumed any battery since the last full charge -- the largest consumer was display at 0.4%. The other three together totaled 0.8%. So four apps consumed just over 1% of the battery power, yet it went form 100% to 0% in just over nine hours.

doxidad

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I've seen this happen 2 times. Both times there was after a Android Security update and also a Wear program upgrade. Not sure if something gets out of sync or ?. Restarting watch or disconnecting from the phone and reconnecting fixed the problem.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I've seen this happen 2 times. Both times there was after a Android Security update and also a Wear program upgrade. Not sure if something gets out of sync or ?. Restarting watch or disconnecting from the phone and reconnecting fixed the problem.
You know now that you say this, I do remember my watch being dead in the morning one time. I assumed I didn't get it on the charger quite right and moved on.

It was the one time I just put it in do not disturb mode and never turned it off. So I don't know if it was because of update back then or I didn't turn watch off, I turn it off every night since then.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
So I had the same problem. I actually got a warranty replacement through T-Mobile, installed all of the updates right away, and my problem seems to be resolved.

This happened to me on an earlier Galaxy Watch, and clearing the cache partition didn't work. Glad to hear it worked for you guys though!

parkschr

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine is draining quickly because of something called “Samsung Contact Sync”. Cannot figure out how to stop that. I will do a reset in the morning. It will be fine all day and no draining of battery from the above mentioned. The next day, it starts draining it again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084