Anyone installed Google Assistant Yet?

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I thought it would come with another software update, but it's in the Play Store. I now have it synced with my phone. I'll have to play around with it.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
got an update yesterday but not sure if it is the one with the assistant since its been sitting there for about a week. No intentions of using it. Will look into it and uninstall it if possible. Now if it was alexa :)

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I installed it and it seems to be working pretty well. Has anyone found a way to increase speech rate or download an audio package with higher quality voice?

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Found that it was somehow already installed on my GW4 Classic. I have not checked by GW4 LTE non-classic yet. You either have to use Power Menu, Bixby, or Google Assistant on the home button. I will leave my home button as Power Menu for now.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Found that it was somehow already installed on my GW4 Classic.

Same here, I don't remember installing it but it was in my app drawer on the watch. When I tried to open the app it started a tutorial which helped me set it up.

I use Assistant on my phone fairly often I would say but recently I found myself trying to take calls on my watch and found it awkward talking on the watch. I felt like a character from a bad sci-fi movie. LOL. I'm not 100% on what I would ask of a watch assistant so I'm not sure how useful it will end up being from/on my watch.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
This is awesome!! I have a handful of Smart home devices that can now be controlled from my wrist with ease. That and the convenience of asking Google whatever you want on the fly without pulling your phone out...

I don't even care about the upcoming Pixel Watch! There's no way it would out preform the GW4 Series...

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone notice a significant hit on battery life after installing this feature?

Installed it two days ago and turned on the ability for voice activation. I went from 2.5 days battery life to 2 days battery life. Overall, I love it. Having the assistant available without having to pull my phone out of my pocket with my hands full is great when you are running a lot of routines and an automated house. Walking out to the car with your hands full, just tell google to close the garage and lock the doors.....

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone notice a significant hit on battery life after installing this feature?

I wouldn't call it significant for me but I did notice that I was about 4% lower at the same time than the previous day but that could be from anything. Considering how I found the app and how others have said they noticed it just being there, I believe it came pre-installed on my device. However activation may have caused a bit more drain.

I don't try to get multiple days out of my watch. My routine is to charge for a couple of hours each day just before bed. That way I can get my sleep information and have enough charge to last me a regular day. I've been charging between 32 - 38%. The other day I found that it wasn't charging and only got it up to 50% and finished out the day around 19% so I'm not complaining about endurance.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Before installing Google Assistant on my watch I would have about 50% battery left after waking up in the morning, but now I'm getting 35% with Assistant installed. I don't have voice activation turned on. I just tried doing a cache partition wipe on my watch to see if that does anything to help.

dling71

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else experience this yet? I tried to invoke a Routine on my watch using Google Assistant and it stated 'Routines are not currently supported on this device'????

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else experience this yet? I tried to invoke a Routine on my watch using Google Assistant and it stated 'Routines are not currently supported on this device'????

Yeah, I noticed that too. Not the end of the world but mildly disappointing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463