Late to the party but whoa

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Omg you guys i finally got myself a Galaxy watch 4!
I admit I'm a super late bloomer, i have resisted smartwatches for freaking ever, but after weeks agonizing over size and style, voilà :

Galaxy Watch 4, 44 mm.
Honestly it's a wee bit large on my wrist but I'm blind as a bat and the 40 mm display was just too small.
Pity because it was the cute rose gold but oh well.
I tried all 4 sizes and models and the 44 mm was the best one for my goofy eyes and small wrists, i changed the band to a metal mesh one and now it sits much better on my wrist.

I LOVE THIS THING!!!

I faint a lot so if i fall, my watch calls my partner. I use it for step counting and fitness every day.
I love getting my notifications on my wrist and I love that Google Maps shows up there too, it makes driving with directions easier.

I love love LOVE that i can call and text from my watch.

Seriously I'm turning into a teenager, this midlife crisis thing is fun

I had installed Google assistant but found it to be a battery hog so i removed it and went back to Bixby though Google assistant is fine on my other devices.

So I'm using a mix of Samsung and Google apps, I'm happy with the results.

Are there any apps i should have?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad you're enjoying it! I moved this from the Wear OS for iPhone forum to the Galaxy Watch4 forum for more specific traffic.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Congrats on the new watch. Enjoy! I've been wearing some form of a smart watch since the original LG G Watch in January 2015 and don't see myself going back to a regular watch again.

David Thomas24

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
i this order the Samsung watch 4 classic i will be useing it with my pixel 6 phone the samsung watch 4 classic is really the only ware OS watch that is all ways updated and with ware OS 3.5 coming out soon for this watch this beats every other ware OS watch out on the market at this time

i have my fosi gen 6 watch i can tell you that watch dos not get any ware OS updates unlike so this will be a major upgrade with ware OS 3.2

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I had installed Google assistant but found it to be a battery hog so i removed it and went back to Bixby though Google assistant is fine on my other devices.

So I'm using a mix of Samsung and Google apps, I'm happy with the results.

Are there any apps i should have?

Hey, if you like Google Assistant better, if you install it and do the following, it's not a battery hog at all:

Settings > Google > Assistant:

Turn off "Hey Google" as this is the battery hog.

Then, go to Settings > Advanced Features > Customize:

Under Home Key, I set Double Press to Assistant (this is what Google Assistant is called on the phone)

Yeah, this isn't as cool as Hey Google, but here is what I have found:

When I have my phone in hand or near me, I just say Hey Google and my phone does the work. If I have it in my pocket or can't really get to it, I just double press the home and say what I need and it works. :) No real battery drain at all set up this way.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That's so wonderful. So glad you are enjoying your Galaxy Watch 4! You make me want to buy one! Haha. So glad the safety features will come in handy for you and that Google Maps is working well for you too!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma